Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did ye think of french?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

i thought the aural was very good!:pac:
    I did the obligatory on a happy event in ireland.
    i also did the journal and the reaction on voting.
    Comperhension's where nice.
    Overall.....DELIGHTED!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 diehard11

i found it cool but still trying to learn... LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

I though it was grand. I was hoping for an honour and I reckon I could have gotten it. Seems to be a pretty positive reaction all round in my school anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Anyone know what the bonus marks are like for answering as Gaeilge? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

ya....nobody seemed that disapointed!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Everyone is my school was really dissapointed. Me too actually :(:( so much for a repeat of my A2 :(:( sucks ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Comperhension's where nice overall.

I did the obligatory on a happy event in ireland too, i did the Ireland v england rugby match? Would that b ok!??

i also did the journal and the question on families not eating together.

Overall didn't think it was too bad but a little dissapointed nothing on the olympics, obesity or sport came up as i'd studid them well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

i snobody upset at the lack of topics that came up???

no environment no drugs no alcohol no sport no homelessness no nothing!!!

no topics at all

i found the tape grand though easy enuf...:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thought it was alrite. Felt the first comprehension was rather difficult

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Comperhension's where nice overall.

I did the obligatory on a happy event in ireland too, i did the Ireland v england rugby match? Would that b ok!??

i also did the journal and the question on families not eating together.

Overall didn't think it was too bad but a little dissapointed nothing on the olympics, obesity or sport came up as i'd studid them well!!

I did Croke Park as well. I'd say we'll be grand.

Comprehensions were good, except the last paragraph in the second comprehension went over my head. Did Nicholas kill her?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Diarmsquid wrote: »

Comprehensions were good, except the last paragraph in the second comprehension went over my head. Did Nicholas kill her?:confused:

LOL. Oh ****. I thought he was in love with her :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Léan wrote: »
    LOL. Oh ****. I thought he was in love with her :eek:

I thought she was in love with him !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

I have to say the imagination in that paper was non existant....The comprehensions were dull and the production ecrite was even worse.
    Some of the topics I'd be pushed to think of something to say about them in English...Definatley not a good paper to show your grasp of the language anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Thats good! What did you talk about for it??

I don't think he killed her, he went after her after she left suggesting that he actually likes her despite having a buurd already!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't know where you go t that from O_o What I understood was he was having a girl over and she was embarrassed and ran out and he ran after her

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Was a fair paper, and the aurual was as good as it would ever be:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

except the last paragraph in the second comprehension went over my head. Did Nicholas kill her?:confused:

yeah i dont think many people understood that. i said that he stopped her from going and therefore he had feelings for her. the aural was pathetically easy imo,comprehensions were ok. journal intime and happy event were easy too. the other topics were kinda sh1t. i did the one about college being important,remembered a wee bit of it from the orals. overall id say the aural and oral went ok. written could have gone better though,i didn't use as many phrases as i could have. fook it,couldn't care any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

So much for olympics coming up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So glad I didn't prepare any specific topics!

Reading comprehensions were... alright. The last question (the english one) was pretty weird on both of them, but what can you do.
    Did 5 writing things because I had loads of time, did...
    Silence is rare one, that was grand. Teacher gave us a sample answer on that yesterday...
    One about voting. Was quite happy with that one. Just said it's a disgrace that people don't vote really.
    One about getting degrees to be successful in life. Said it was entirely unnecessary because people have different ideas of success etc.
    Then for the extras I did...
    The other mandatory one which was about a place and an event. Except I think I did it SLIGHTLY wrong because I wrote about a lovely afternoon I had in my local park. Ah well.
    And the one about the diary entry. Indignant how are ya!

Tape was better than I thought it'd be so, hurray for that. Was really worried about it but it was pretty transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 penguinbars

I have to say the imagination in that paper was non existant....The comprehensions were dull and the production ecrite was even worse.
    Some of the topics I'd be pushed to think of something to say about them in English...Definatley not a good paper to show your grasp of the language anyway!

Complete opposite! It intended to catch out anyone who went in with essays learnt off,to see if you could uphold a good opinion in french after 6 years of learning. It was not a good paper to show how well you can memorise...which made it a fantastic paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Thats good! What did you talk about for it??

I don't think he killed her, he went after her after she left suggesting that he actually likes her despite having a buurd already!

I did the Hurling League final in 2003 being a good day that I associated Croker with.

And okay, I didn't write down that he killed her, thank God, I just didn't understand what was going on in the last paragraph and Nicholas seemed to be a bit of a psycho so, I was thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

Went better than expected for me after that I could see myself getting the B1 I wanted, or maybe, just maybe an A2. LOVED the aural, it was much easier than previous years imo. The first comprehension was quite tricky (verb au present du subjonctif = much harder to find than verb in present, past, future, reflexive etc).

Can anyone confirm the answer to these questions:

"Pourquoi est-ce que le maire est absolument furieux?"

and

"D'apres la quatrieme section, pourquoi l'avenue est-elle devenue plus sale recemment?"

and

"Citez l'expression qui montre que Nicolas voulait a tout prix empecher Lucrece de partir."

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Complete opposite! It intended to catch out anyone who went in with essays learnt off,to see if you could uphold a good opinion in french after 6 years of learning. It was not a good paper to show how well you can memorise...which made it a fantastic paper.

I hadn't one essay learnt off.

It was rubbish insofar that the topics nearly made me fall asleep. The only half decent question was the one about voting. The rest were painful to write about. I'm not saying I was looking for an aniticipated question just one that had a bit of life to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Totally agree with that Ri na hEireann fella..it was awful difficult to write about that topic of Silence in our lives..

Out of curiosity, what were people writing?

Most ppl in my school wrote things like: I need silence when I'm studyin bla bla bla..but the title says you have to relate it to airports,cars, tv etc.
    Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Just that you can't reflect without silence and that your life can pass you by if you get caught up in the "noise" of modern society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

nerd3000 wrote: »
    Totally agree with that Ri na hEireann fella..it was awful difficult to write about that topic of Silence in our lives..

Most ppl in my school wrote things like: I need silence when I'm studyin bla bla bla..but the title says you have to relate it to airports,cars, tv etc.
    Opinions?
    you could have written about.............. a happy event,thers a choice of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What was the subjonctif in the first RC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

was reasonably happy, made a few mistakes but did better than the mocks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

blue-army wrote: »
    What was the subjonctif in the first RC?

It was "devienne".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Timee

nerd3000 wrote: »

Opinions?

I said that I agreed, and that we always hear about global warming and stuff but i think noise pollution is one of 'les plus grands problemes qui concerne le monde entier'. Went on to say that when i go to school, there's noise pollution from lorries, radio weather bulletins..then that the only place i can get silence is in my bedroom. Then just general stuff saying noise pollution is bad to wrap it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

I've a quick question:

For the diary entry, I signed my name. From the name, they'll think I'm a girl so will they penilize me for not putting the 'e' after every passé composé? Also, is that the only thing I'd have had to have changed?

Also, will they dock me marks for all the other questions I answered on the paper because I didn't change them either.

Advertisement