Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did ye think of french?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Stressed! wrote: »
    I did the obligatory on a happy event in ireland.
    SRFC90 wrote: »
    I did the obligatory on a happy event in ireland too, i did the Ireland v england rugby match? Would that b ok!??

Endroit = Place and a lot of people seem not to have related the event to a place :o
    Boink08 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm the answer to these questions:

"Pourquoi est-ce que le maire est absolument furieux?"

About the lack of funding provided by the city to keep the C-É clean

and

"D'apres la quatrieme section, pourquoi l'avenue est-elle devenue plus sale recemment?"

Delivery Trucks driving on the footpaths

and

"Citez l'expression qui montre que Nicolas voulait a tout prix empecher Lucrece de partir."

I don't have the paper but it was in the last paragraph, just after he tried to stop her from getting into the car

blue-army wrote: »
    What was the subjonctif in the first RC?

I'm pretty sure it was devienne

I'm happy :)
    Very fair paper.. A little unusual but that's usually expected.

Answered 3 extra questions and left with 40 mins to go.. Would have answered them all but didn't want to piss off the corrector :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I don't think you have to mention your name in the diary entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Anyone else answer in Irish?

What's the bonus like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It went pretty horrible for me, I think. Might be okay. Tape was wonderful, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

It was "devienne".

yeah it took me ages to notice that cos it was a quote and i kinda skimmed past it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

nyangnyang wrote: »
    you could have written about.............. a happy event,thers a choice of questions

R-e-a-l-l-y?
    A choice of questions?
    didn't know that at A-L-L...........thanks for telling me because up until now I was certain that there was only one question printed on the paper...certain of it..100%..
    Jeez, I wish I had you sitting beside me in the exam as your input is priceless..

by the way, thers.........is not even a word.
    you can use there's/there is/ there was...
    I'm leaving you to choose the best one, as clearly you possess an immeasurable amount of knowledge. oh wise and noble knight in shining armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

I guess I'm the only one here who didn't like the aural!! =S
    I absolutely LOVED my mocks aural, it was the best I ever did, and while this one wasn't my worst, I'm still not over the moon with it.
    About half of it was nice and clear, and then the rest was like... !@$#^$%^&#$%! ??? balade??! what?! XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

Muffinman, I've done some more research into that question. I put the passage into a translator (yes, I'm sad :p ) Here's what came out:

Depuis quelque temps la célèbre artère perd de son panache. Les trottoirs? Abîmés par les camions des livreurs. Les façades historiques? Elles s'avilissent de décorations criardes à l'intérieur des vitrines. Sans parler des difficultés de nettoyage liées à la suppression des poubelles.

into

Since some time the famous artery loses of its panache. Sidewalks? Damaged by the trucks of the deliverymen. The historical facades? They demean themselves of shrill decorations inside windows. Without speaking about difficulties of cleaning linked to the abolition of garbage cans.

Assuming it's right it would seem the answer to the question (why has the avenue become dirtier) might be the "difficulties of cleaning linked to the abolition of garbage cans"? As sidewalks "Damaged by the trucks of the deliverymen" doesn't have much to do with being clean?

nerd3000 wrote: »
    R-e-a-l-l-y?
    A choice of questions?
    didn't know that at A-L-L...........thanks for telling me because up until now I was certain that there was only one question printed on the paper...certain of it..100%..
    Jeez, I wish I had you sitting beside me in the exam as your input is priceless..

by the way, thers.........is not even a word.
    you can use there's/there is/ there was...
    I'm leaving you to choose the best one, as clearly you possess an immeasurable amount of knowledge. oh wise and noble knight in shining armour.

whatever "nerd". Obviously I know how to say there is but do tou think I could actually be arsed on a forum. I'm not here to try and impresss you of my command of the english language in case you didn't notice. Anyway you should be getting back to your study you nerd,or so you weirdly like to think anyway. Get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

muffinman wrote: »
    Endroit = Place and a lot of people seem not to have related the event to a place :o

jesus! **** i soo didnt know that, i just talked about st patricks day....i meantioned dublin city like once! damn thats gonna knock a whole load of points off me for that! dayum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

I didn't know the question was why it is dirtier!!!!:eek:
    I don't even know the word for dirty XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 looly

I thought it was a pretty nice paper overall....though reading these posts always freaks me out cos i get different answers to everyone else lol

the comprehensions were fine

did 1b) the silence one, i just said that everything makes noise nowadays and the only time i get peace is when i go to bed and what annoys me most are mobiles cos u hear them everywhere but luckily we have a ban on them in school so i get a bit of peace from them etc.....got to use loads of handy phrases in that one!

did both of number 2, did the voting one on 3 (that was nice and easy) and the one about needing diplomas etc

aural was really nice aswel, bring on the A2/A1!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

nyangnyang wrote: »
    whatever "nerd". Obviously I know how to say there is but do tou think I could actually be arsed on a forum. I'm not here to try and impresss you of my command of the english language in case you didn't notice. Anyway you should be getting back to your study you nerd,or so you weirdly like to think anyway. Get a life.

nerd gets a capital N...you is spelled with a "y" not a "t"...only two "ss" in impress..and english takes a capital letter...
    Clearly, when you were in the English exam you weren't trying to impress the examiner either!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tute08

Loved it loved it loved it!!! It was really easy!!! Hope i got the subjunctive question right!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

I was bracing myself for a difficult Section 5 on the tape as they usually do, but I thought it was a lovely end to possibly the easiest aural I've ever had. It seems nobody understood the end of that second comprehension; passé simples all over the place.

It was a nice paper..

and thank god I didnt waste my time learning paragraphs on:

Sports, Aids, Cultural divertification, alcohol.. blah blah blah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

:(:(

i thought that french was a disaster..... i made a complete hems of it.....

first comp. was a disaster..... the second wasnt that bad..... the obligatory question was another disaster - the one about silence or something because i didnt know wat "endroite" meant... wat a dummy....

diary was a doddle and then i mumbled on about education for some question.... i hope i get me C in it tho......

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

The subjonctif was Devienne, I was talking to my french teacher after and she said I got it right. Apparently not a lot of people got it in my year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

starkinter wrote: »
    I was bracing myself for a difficult Section 5 on the tape as they usually do, but I thought it was a lovely end to possibly the easiest aural I've ever had. It seems nobody understood the end of that second comprehension; passé simples all over the place.

the en of the aural was pretty confusing imo!!!

there was nothing comfusing about the end of that comprehension your one went to leave after he told her about stephanie and then he tried to stop her from leaving!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

question 1

how many cds did the person sell???

i said 120000

question 2 was about the bore

i) it was a hairdressers

ii) the bore was trapped by the vet

question 3 was about the raid

i) i said it was between 6 and 7 in the morning

any1 agree??

• Advertisement

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    question 1

how many cds did the person sell???

i said 120000

question 2 was about the bore

i) it was a hairdressers

ii) the bore was trapped by the vet

question 3 was about the raid

i) i said it was between 6 and 7 in the morning

any1 agree??

This is right I think. The boar was put to sleep by the vet. And it was in a hairdressing salon. That's what I heard at least.

This is right I think. The boar was put to sleep by the vet. And it was in a hairdressing salon. That's what I heard at least.

i heard endormir but i didnt want to risk it, will i get the marks for trapped???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

it said grosse frayeur at the very start of the section on the wild boar....i put a TRAIN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The subjonctif was Devienne, I was talking to my french teacher after and she said I got it right. Apparently not a lot of people got it in my year.
    Yessss! I put devienne down as a complete guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Timee

only two marks going for each answer to Section V.

what two activities did the two girls have planned to do in ireland????

i said horse-riding and walking........:(

nerd3000 wrote: »
    Clearly, when you were in the English exam you weren't trying to impress the examiner either!!!!

but this isnt(oh no no apostrophe i must be retarded) an english(wow no capital e) exam.

Horse riding and walking in the forest was what I heard :eek:

horse riding(treks on horses) and expeditions through the forest

• Advertisement

Horse riding and walking in the forest was what I heard :eek:

jeez were getting all the same answers:rolleyes:.....they're definitely right, i remember she said something after walking.......but i couldnt understand it.....you must be right so about the forest!

Advertisement