Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did ye think of french?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 irishslainte

did anyone not feel it was unfair having questions that couldnt be learnt off as people like myself had concentrated on these as my level of french is poor but not poor enough to drop to the level that the pass paper offer?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

did ordinary level and thought it was great, finished the leaving now so ended on a good terms with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mongey

did anyone not feel it was unfair having questions that couldnt be learnt off as people like myself had concentrated on these as my level of french is poor but not poor enough to drop to the level that the pass paper offer?:(

No,I think it was fair, you must have just learnt the wrong stuff! You probably should have dropped to pass and got your 60 points instead of getting 0 in honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

nyangnyang wrote: »
    for te diary entry entry did ye still talk about the accident even though it was 2 days ago? i did? and will you lose marks for not putting the date on it and signing it? I always forget the simple things:mad::o

No.. Journal Intimes have no layout marks according to my teacher. But I still put "Ma chambre, le 21 juin" at the top right and "Bonne Nuit" at the end.. That's how I've always done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

Yes i just had my date down as lundi 21st juin or watever it was and just said blah blah on saturday i fell blah blah..
    em to be honest ye i think you do have to put the date but im sure its only worth a mark or two...no biggy

i didn't say anything about the accident itself..i just went on complaining that i can;t do anything for the summer now...like most in the future tense...but i suppose you could do either couldn't you?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MnMs

muffinman wrote: »
    No.. Journal Intimes have no layout marks according to my teacher. But I still put "Ma chambre, le 21 juin" at the top right and "Bonne Nuit" at the end.. That's how I've always done it

it seemed like they were trying to trick us...they said on the 20th u broke your leg ...write the diary entry that you wrote 2 days later

so will they only accept the 22nd???it doesn't seem that important but why would they bother mention it if they're not going to take marks for it???:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

it did...your writing the diary two days later...

So it did. I just checked the paper on examinations.ie - my apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Sooo... What did YOU learn about Nicolas' feelings?....:confused:

It was a nice paper overall, comprehensions a wee bit tricky, but very doable.

Tape was pisss easy, except for the odd few parts.

Im so glad some abstract topics came up just to teach people who think predictions work a lesson!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 allthatjazz

MnMs wrote: »
    i didn't say anything about the accident itself..i just went on complaining that i can;t do anything for the summer now...like most in the future tense...but i suppose you could do either couldn't you?:D

Yeah thats basically what i said aswell and how terrible my life is now my leg is broken blahblah then a bit about how its not so bad that i get to sit on me hole all day watching telly..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 allthatjazz

MnMs wrote: »
    it seemed like they were trying to trick us...they said on the 20th u broke your leg ...write the diary entry that you wrote 2 days later

so will they only accept the 22nd???it doesn't seem that important but why would they bother mention it if they're not going to take marks for it???:eek::D

I noticed that aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

nerd3000 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what were people writing?

Most ppl in my school wrote things like: I need silence when I'm studyin bla bla bla..but the title says you have to relate it to airports,cars, tv etc.
    Opinions?

I wrote about noise pollution on the streets from cars and aeroplanes and stuff, and how hard it was to find silence in modern life and finished it off with silence is golden.

It was an alright paper, imo, the comprehensions were ok, the written pieces weren't what I was expecting at all but they weren't too bad once you got into them, and the aural was pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

I was shocked how easy it was. Did higher level & was finished at 10.30!!

Both comprehensions were decent enough, I did the essay on noise and stuff then did the letter asking the teacher for a party and finally....actually I cant remember the last one but it was simple anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

Sooo... What did YOU learn about Nicolas' feelings?....:confused:

what the hell were his feelings??? it said at the start he was in love with her, yeah, but then he's all unpleased to see her and preparing food for his girlfriend? but then wen she tries to leave he stops her... weird, i duno what we're supposed to get from that about his feelings towards her :/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

I f'd up the "silence" question :(

Wrote about how people are uncomfortable to be in silence and they must have MP3 players etc, also mentioned that families don't talk, somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tannersxxx

to be honest, i dont know how i feel, i got everything done, my french was good but from the comprehensions which are usually my best part...i had to almost guess!!it was really weird cause im really good at comprehending the language but today...i dont know what happened....PRAYING for a B2!!!xxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tannersxxx

I noticed that aswell..
    same here...tricky lil bastards!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

COuld I lose marks for saying he felt horny?... He obviously wanted her to stay for a while cause his girlfriend wasn't there yet... I can support my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Nice Paper..

My Happy Event Was To Do With The Irish Free State..

Someone Paid Too Much Attention To History Last Night. :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Boink08

what the hell were his feelings??? it said at the start he was in love with her, yeah, but then he's all unpleased to see her and preparing food for his girlfriend? but then wen she tries to leave he stops her... weird, i duno what we're supposed to get from that about his feelings towards her :/

I said he might still have feelings towards her because he didn't want her to leave and because when she asked him if he and his new girlfriend were in love he didn't reply implying he might still be in love with her. Was kinda weird question though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

Yaaaay!

It was sooo simple! All the people in my school thought the comprehensions were so hard but I thought they were the easiest I've seen. I did the noise pollution yoke, the diary entry and the think on diplomas. Listening was good, except for section B with that lorry driver.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lisa-kk

DELIGHTED?????!!!! k there no way!
    R/Cs were ok....doable like. q1....wat did part a mean?? am i rite in thinkin twas a place in ireland where u were happy???
    den did d note, was hard out, n d voting!
    bt overall i was disappointed with d paper....no drink no drugs in sport no obesity no importance of a language......like come on give d dog a bone!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

I don't really know how to feel about today, I'm usually an A student and tbh I wouldn't really be happy with anything else, but after reading this I have the feeling that I didn't get half the answers everyone else did.

Comprehension were ok-ish
    Did the women/men domestic chores one -kinda weird
    Diary entry was grand

Listening was pretty damn good though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Loved it, tbh. The lack of topics suited me fine, haven't looked at a French book in the last two weeks & I had History after, so that got all the attention. Fkd up my 90worder but got the oppertunity to change it during the aural, which was sweet. Thought the paper was good, comprehensions were easy enough, the tape was grand...my written's are always weak, so I'm not too pushed. Just hoping I did enough to maintain the B2 I got in an April mock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

That was my best exam so far. I got 89% in the pre, so I should be earning that extra 1%. The tape was decent, I few tricky pieces I think I mastered except the question on what Karine did (horse trekking and...).
    I did the question on the special place (Malahide Castle, said I was at the Radiohead gig, which was nice because when I did the oral I said they were my favourite band and the examiner said that they were her daughter's favourite too!), the lovely diary entry and the piece on whether one needs a university degree to be successful in life.

The comprehensions were very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I said that Nicholas felt uncomfortable around her and that she was inconvenience. I had relative quotes too and I doubt they'd be that cryptic in the leaving cert!

melboix wrote: »
    Fkd up my 90worder but got the oppertunity to change it during the aural, which was sweet

How!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

muffinman wrote: »
    How!?
    probably because the exam papers were left on the desk when we were doing the aural?
    well thats wat happened in my school anyways!!

i was thimking about that..like we had a ten minute break between the aural and the written paper so we could easily have looked over notes outside then went back in and wrote more....

kinda unfair..the aurals really should have been first..

crammer123 wrote: »
    kinda unfair..the aurals really should have been first..

No.. The supervisor should've just collected it!! I'm sure that's what they're supposed to do.. Mine did anyway.. But most people finished up before time (in my school anyway) so ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

That french paper rocked! i was aiming for a b2 or 3 and i was delighted with the paper, it actually checked peoples level of french not the level of how many topics they can memorize!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kfc123

Can somebody clarify this please? I did Q1A about a place where you were happy. I thought it was a sort of narration and I talked about how I won a football final in dublin. I used all past tense. How many marks will I lose?

Advertisement