Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebaybanned delivery time

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

SOME more of my gear arrived this morning.
    this is turning into some kind of sad joke.
    its not like i ordered half the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

i had to put a claim with paypal,they told me that package was already in ireland a month but an post says otherwise... then in the space of 10 mins they had refunded my money.it could still arrive yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

nutzbutz wrote: »
    i had to put a claim with paypal,they told me that package was already in ireland a month but an post says otherwise... then in the space of 10 mins they had refunded my money.it could still arrive yet!!

I also was forced to place a claim with paypal. He replied within 2 minutes of me placing the claim and refunded me for the missing order! It had taken him at least 2 days for each reply via e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Looks like i'll also be putting in a paypal refund request, the only things i got were the bdu's, which werent even the right size.
    I'd much perfere to buy irish, but no where has the stuff i want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

In fairness lads, there are explanations for a lot of this. I've not had an easy time with this store either but they have improved (despite the above experience) since Christmas or so when things went a bit haywire. I've been muddled around by them royally in the past but the reason your orders are slow is because they are not being sent by courier.
    The postage is free on EB because it's sent by regular ground snail mail. If it's a little more expensive (€100+ generally) it'll be sent via registered ground mail (still slow, but a little faster than regular ground). You, the buyer benefits from this by getting free postage and, for the most part, VAT free purchasing as most individual items are under the VAT charge threshold (where as one package, multiple items may be well over).

Despite being royally dicked around a few times last year (resulting in me waiting over 3 months for a scope at one stage) I still shop there, and have recieved my latest purchases in a rather timely fashion. My last 4 deliveries all having come in under 3 weeks.
    I understand you'd be cheesed off at waiting so long (you should have seen me about 6 weeks into waiting for that scope), but when I emailed him (and I did it a lot) I found that wording things strongly but politely got a lot more response than "where the hell is my part you [expletive]" and explaining that you'll take your business and that of your friends elsewhere. Upon doing that I got a full apology and an offer of a discount, and my remaining items arrived soon after that.

Just a thought based on my experience with them over the last year or so. Take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭cpb

Hi all Buyer,

Since the restricted in and export policy during the olympic game, the shipping period will be got 2-3 days longer than normal.

Even i do not sell airsoft gun, but i am noticed that some China AEG factory is considering to stop the production and export on AUG (olympic game), do not forget, AEG is illegal at China.

regards

Paul

Copy of email from Ebaybanned expect delays to all packages out of china

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

but this was known about 2 months ago :) the guy has always been slow and realys on the fact that shipping is included to make up for it, only reason i will buy from ebaybanned is that they have a lot of small items you can not find else where.

Yes shipping might be slow but most of the time parcels are simply not shipped anyway.

uh oh , as pointed out by puding ,check their site now ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

their site says "their account has been suspended" now

www.ebaybanned.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Rats I noticed that too earlier on. hopefully all that happened is they forgot to pay a bill or something and they'll be back again soon.

Three or four bits I need to order :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

:eek: my order arrived tuesday, delivery only took 2 weeks too

i've just sent them yet another mail about the mythical package on the way for forever, think its in customs in narnia.:rolleyes:
    it hasnt bounced back anyway , so maybe its just an unpaid bill :edit doesnt seem to be....

random theories abound here :

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=147383&st=0

delivery only took 2 weeks too

well that good for ebaybanned ;) but not really for anyone else:P

Im still waiting for an M4 reciever and stock but thankfully the tracking number says they were shipped, im just hoping they arrive now.,

*looks like the site is back up and running agan though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Wonder whats happening with them - I see their site has a couple of new items on it now after it reappeared.

• Advertisement

i'd say hold off a while on ordering, give it a few days to let the rumours blow over and find out what actually went on.

theres all sorts of crazy theories up on arnies , american p.i.s ,handcuffs , cops the whole nine yards including a raid on dboys.

yeah i was watching that too., lol., americans love conspiracy theories dont they.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

They've apparently got the flashlight I've been waiting for in stock now (wasn't on their site last night/this morning. I'm not impressed.....

Something tells me the stuff on Arnies is bullcrap - what with the site coming back up and new stuff on it.

strange as i ordered the same light from the wholesaler direct they said they have had a problem with the factory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

seems this is the problem
    Hi all, We forget to pay for my hosting renew money so ebaybanned be shut down from HKT 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm 3 July, 2008 . I saw some man said Paul are raided ? Why i will be raided ?? Gun look is illegal at China but i have not store any ''gun'' AND most important, here is China, everything can be fixed by cash!! Sorry if my stupid late payment make you inconvenience regards Paul

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Just got that mail too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Blay wrote: »
    seems this is the problem

Got that mail as well, its pretty funny.

does not take away from the bad service and shipping

I got the same mail. just after i asked for a refund on the stuff i've been waiting on since may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

hoplite wrote: »
    Rats I noticed that too earlier on. hopefully all that happened is they forgot to pay a bill or something and they'll be back again soon.

Three or four bits I need to order :mad:

As predicted ;) I work in IT services and you'd be surprised (or not) at how many Irish companies mismanage the payment of their hosting services and lose A records and MX records or their hosting providers cut them off. Still thats a great oppurtunity for us to step in and set them on the right path.

Weyhey!

Im officially a fan again of ebaybanned! :D
    My tan reciever and stock arrive this morning and the quality in them just blew me away, cant wait to rebuild stubby now but i have to go to work now.,haha

also, it only took 7 days.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Made an order with them on the 25th, emailed them and asked for a tracking number the other day and received a reply yesterday, it hasn't left hong kong yet, but it's in the hands of the post office.

i've given up on ebaybanned, 4 out of 5 orders never arrived and hes still giving me the run around on email.

got a refund today
    he could have saved me 2 weeks of my life hanging around though :mad:

YEahh, stuff finaly arrived, only 8 weeks late, and the wrong sizes, but still got here, i might order a few things now for berget 2009, :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement