Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to Invest Money

• 11-06-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've recently heard that a friend has invested a couple of grand in an American business - he did this through brokers who are apparently in England. I got a call from them aswell and they weren't able to take less than €2000 which in all fairness, sounds like a total con job to me! However, I would like to get involved in buying and selling of shares in different companies and make myself some cash - is this possible in today's economy or am i dreaming if this sort of thing can yield a decent bit of cash??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

if you genuinely think you know what you're doing, and those that do are few and far between, then never mind buying shares spread betting is a better option unless you're looking at very long term investments (and with falling markets that is the probably the way to go) that you believe will beat deposit account / bonds returns over the same time period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If bank of ireland maintains its current dividend policy it's nearly 10 per cent of the share value so that's fairly attractive. Make of Irish banks what you will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

.... this thread is in the category of "pub talk" investments.

In that spirit, I suggest that a hefty chunk of cash in BOI shares can't be a bad investment in the long term.

Approaching 1/3 the price of 18 months ago. Good dividend propects too.

Buy Buy Buy.......

Advertisement