Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Austin To Star In New Reality TV Show

• 11-06-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Original Media, the shingle behind unscripted hits "Miami Ink" and "L.A. Ink," has sealed a development pact with WWE wrestling legend "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Under the pact, Original will partner with management/production company Caliber Media to create a reality show with Austin at the center. Producers are keeping tight wraps on the concept, which they plan to pitch to network and cable nets shortly.

"I'm a big fan of wrestling and of his," said Original Media CEO Charlie Corwin. "He's a dynamic personality, and I seek out characters that I feel are exciting and dramatic and entertaining. This show's going to be big, broad, accessible, heroic and American."

Corwin will exec produce with Caliber's Jack Heller and Dallas Sonnier. The WWE is not involved in the deal -- and Austin is not going by his wrestling-related "Stone Cold" moniker.

Austin said he'd been approached several times with TV projects over the past year, but didn't find anything that felt right until Original and Caliber brought their idea to him.

"They came to me a couple of months ago with a vision and show concept that really got me excited," Austin said.

Beyond the initial reality show, Original and Caliber are developing other projects, both scripted and unscripted, with Austin in mind.

Original has a first-look scripted deal with NBC Entertainment, where it's landed a 13-episode order for the midseason series "The Philanthropist."

I'd prefer to see SCSA back on RAW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

what's the title gonna be??? "drinking with steve"??? should be interesting do & i doubt it's gonna be shown to early in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

JP Liz wrote:
    I'd prefer to see SCSA back on RAW

Doing what though? It was getting a bit tedious there for a while when he was GM and then Sheriff (whoever came up with calling him that ought to be shot!). I found it so annoying that Austin was there and couldnt wrestle - it came accross like that was exactly how he felt.

I actually think this reality show could be interesting depending on how they do it. It would be interesting to see what the bloke is really like and lets be honest, we're all gonna watch it just because Austin's in it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Hopefully it wont be like the Hogan Knows Best where its all like kinda scripted sceanarios etc, I just cant suspend disbelief wi HKB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hopefully it wont be like the Hogan Knows Best where its all like kinda scripted sceanarios etc, I just cant suspend disbelief wi HKB

Cant really see Austin going with Scripted,Can you?
    l Think he would want to get as far away from "The Hogan" reality as he could.
    Though,does anyone know who is responsible for the actual running of the show(Does Stone Cold have a Vested intrest in this).
    Although if he goes with scripted(would we even know???)

Wasn't he one of the few Vince let loose on the mic,
    cause he knew it came natural, without creative getting involved.
    In the same league as the ROCK....:D
    Either way l wouldn't miss this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Make it scripted..Stone Cold goes to his high school re-union and stuns everybody in the dance hall (ala his face turn after the Invasion gimmick) and poors beer over his old headmaster(with Headmaster doing the Vinnie Mac Twitch)..."Most likely to get drunk and beat my wife AND thats the bottom line cus Stone Cold Said So!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement