Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Popular Live games

• 11-06-2008 1:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm finally joining Xbox live when my broadband is set up in the next week or 2. What are the most popular games??

I've got
    Halo 2 and 3
    Accombat 6
    Forza motorsport and someother car game (dont like these 2 much).
    Quake 4
    Madden 2006

Cant think of anything else at the moment.
    Is there many people playing these games?

also can I use an Eircom router with a Smart telecom connection??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

halo 3 was certinatly in my eyes the best xbox live game. but others like call of duty4 and GTA4 are both a very good online game. gears of war isnt bad either. madden games are also good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

Call of Duty 4 - best on line game.
    Pro Evo 6, not the latest version but deffo the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ive had the most fun on Gears of War followed by COD4 and Burnout Paradise.
    Shadowrun was also quite decent last year when it was released but nobody plays it any more. Unreal Tourny 3 is due out next month and should be good also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've got 10 games I could play on live and for the last 6 months I've only played CoD4. That was until GTA came along (but I'm still working through the single player on this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I do be on cod 3 and 4 alot though for the last month its been gta 4 but i cleared that so back to war i go :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

brennaldo wrote: »
    ...GTA4 are both a very good online game.

Completely disagree there, it's awful online, it's only good if you organise games with friend before hand but to join up with randomers is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Jip wrote: »
    Completely disagree there, it's awful online, it's only good if you organise games with friend before hand but to join up with randomers is terrible.

Why is that? I've not played more then 2 games online. Are the games too open ended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

nd2no wrote: »
    Call of Duty 4 - best on line game.
    Pro Evo 6, not the latest version but deffo the best.

Call of Duty is by far the best online shooting game. It really is UNREAL. Far better than COD3, and Halo IMO.

FIFA'08 is really, really good aswell. Much like the old Pro Evo, its all about build up, tactics, working the ball around rather than the new Pro Evo.

COD & FIFA are two musts......well, unless you have no interest in football...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

also can I use an Eircom router with a Smart telecom connection??

You can't. Smart uses adsl 2+, Eircom doesn't yet as far as i know (useless ballbags!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers guys,

I'm a Fifa man so i'll be getting it once my interweb is hooked up.

I used Smart as an example, but I'm actually getting Digiweb metro can I use an Eircom router with this?

• Advertisement

grizzly wrote: »
    Why is that? I've not played more then 2 games online. Are the games too open ended?

It's more so the lobby system is poorly implemented and you end up trying to find a game longer than you actually play them. Then when you do get a game people then tend not to play to the 'spirit' of the game if you get my meaning. For example most Cops and Crooks games usually end up with the crooks jumping into the sea/river and swimming away from the very begining so there's no fun in trying to catch them. Whereas if you play with a group of friends it's easier to get a game going and you play the game as it should.
    To be honest after my first evening playing it online I got so fed up I haven't bothered going back again, it's been back COD4 for my quick online fix ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jip wrote: »
    It's more so the lobby system is poorly implemented and you end up trying to find a game longer than you actually play them. Then when you do get a game people then tend not to play to the 'spirit' of the game if you get my meaning. For example most Cops and Crooks games usually end up with the crooks jumping into the sea/river and swimming away from the very begining so there's no fun in trying to catch them. Whereas if you play with a group of friends it's easier to get a game going and you play the game as it should.
    To be honest after my first evening playing it online I got so fed up I haven't bothered going back again, it's been back COD4 for my quick online fix ever since.
    Can't really comment then if you gave up so easily. I think its great online. The race modes are probably your best bet when pubbing.

OP don't forget that you can play alot of the downloadable demo's online as well. Grid probably being the best one atm.

Battlefield Bad Company online demo would be my fav at the mo.

Can't really comment then if you gave up so easily.

Of course I can. I spent 5 or 6 hours at it and I'm not the only one with this issue. Many in the GTA forum and various websites have made the same comments.
    It's has without doubt the worst online interface of any game I've played online.

Im not really a fan of GTA online either but there are far worse than it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

COD4 will give you many an hour play online, great game online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

For me da nest online game has to be Call of Duty WAW
    another good game is Fifa 09(a bit hard though)
    one of my favourites is Halo3,it just never gets old

Advertisement