Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art history tmrw!!

Options
  • 11-06-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Any last minute things I should go over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

EVERYTHING!!! sorry but its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 --anna--

if newgrange dosent come up im screwed... also id hope the gothic nd romanesque architecture cum up:rolleyes:......

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

We have done art history all year. Only topic we ever covered was new grange. My art teacher kept saying she was going to do it at the end of the year and never did.. :eek::confused:

Is there anything tipped to come up? I don't have a clue where to begin. Don't have any essays or anything |:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

Léan wrote: »
    We have done art history all year. Only topic we ever covered was new grange. My art teacher kept saying she was going to do it at the end of the year and never did.. :eek::confused:

Is there anything tipped to come up? I don't have a clue where to begin. Don't have any essays or anything |:

WHAT!!!! since the start of 5th year we did art essay each week..i have 2 folders FULL of essay's.....im only looking over newgrange,uccello, donatello, masaccio and maybe da vinci.

i advise every1to listen to 2fm tonite to see wat they predict...im predicting newgrange and uccello and the gallery question;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 leaving cert 08

Leonardo Da Vinci is apparently set to come up so is Newgrange..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tannersxxx

what time??????TELL ME !!!!xxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

7PM ON 2FM.....they will give you all the predictions you need and if you miss it, it does be on the website after www.2fm.ie/406

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PuddinBum

Newgrange, DaVinci, Cubism/Picasso, Surrealism/Dali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Do ye think I'd be alright if I studied manuscripts instead of Newgrange?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

not to burst anyones bubble cuz i'm praying for newgrange too but i think ye should note that newgrange has come up every two years except for 1998! this being 2008 they could try play a nasty ten yr skip trick..i'm doubtful of it but just to be warned..;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blonde'n'brainy

Newgrange comes up every 2 years and it didnt come up last year:eek: did anyone else no that...romanesque/gothic comes up every year bt i hate them any body got any ideas for that section???

oops sorry 2022rae u posted that while i was writing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

lol great minds think alike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Soooooo ... did anyone hear what was predicted on 2fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I'm studying newgrange, bronze age, iron age, surrealism, donatello, michelangelo and errr...damn what was it...oh manet.
    Except...havent started studying yet!

havent started to study for it...bout to to it now, you guys think ill be covered with newgrange, impressionism, leonardo & michaelangelo???
    im staying up til 1 and getting up at 7!!!so like i only have a lil bit left!HELP my teacher was ****, no tests or homework ever given PLUS we only had ONE art history class a week in 5th year and TWO in sixth!!! i think i got and A1 in my art but this will defo bring my grade down without some serious help from you guys!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

they didnt say any predictions on the 2fm show, they just got someone on the phone, she said how u shud do the paper ( illustrations, 3-4 pages per question, around 35 mins each for each section etc etc) but gave no tips, they didnt seem to care about art, just moved on to other subjects...typical, not even skoool.ie bothers with art history - WE NEED HELP!

im studyin newgrange, bronze age, iron age and high crosses for irish section
    and for european im studyin quattrocento, giotto and romanesque architechture...do u tink id be able to leave out romanesque altogether? i cant be bothered to study it and i have biology to study tonight also...
    and if i do have to study romanesque, wud i have to study gothic with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Iammwa

Ok I am screwed, I haven't studied one bit in Art History!
    I didn't listen once in class because I thought it'd be sound... I'm pretty sure I got 90~100% (55~63% over all) in the practical so as long as I pass the paper I'm on for a B of some description...

I'm learning:

Irish Art: Pre-Christian Ireland (7000~2000 BC - Newgrange, Bronze Age)
    European: 20th century artists (Impressionism and modernism etc..)

I hope something comes up that I can deal with...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

I'm studying:
    Q1. Newgrange + Bronze age
    Q2. Roman + Gothic architecture and sculpture
    Q3. Gallery

The only other things we did in class were the Christian Ireland stuff (hate that) and Romanesque paintings/painters (HATE HATE HATE that - too much dates and names to remember)
    I'd rather concentrate on one unit from each section and get that realy well than study 2-3 units in each and have to pick one in the end :)

ok how about...

q1. newgrange (+ bronze age + (mayb)iron age*) coz of the 10 year thing
    q2. Michaelangelo + Loenardo (coz Raphael and Donatello came up last year!!!)
    q3. Gallery

anyone any ideas please?
    *iron age came up last year

what about manuscripts??? i H8 high crosses
    also wud like to avoid romanesque and gothic architecture!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Orlaith*

Does anyone know if Early Renaissance is a likely question?! :confused:

no i think high renaissance is your best bet!!im learning off less stress more success...only started studying an hour ago!!!

does any know what the key points are for the gallery/museum question???like what should we include??? thanks so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Orlaith*

tannersxxx wrote: »
    no i think high renaissance is your best bet!!im learning off less stress more success...only started studying an hour ago!!!

Oh no!!! Crap!!! Now I have to go learn all of that after I learn all my Biology :(
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

K, heres the deelio.

Tonight and tomorrow morning i will study:
    1. Newgrange.
    2. Romanueque/Gothic Architecture. Maybe Da Vinci.
    3. Gallery Q.

If they dont come up, ah well, its my last exam!

And i spanked the practicals, my pottery teacher said it would be a crime if i didnt get an A and my still life teacher said that it was easily the best work ive ever done. Obviously no matter how my practical was i need some marks for an honor but im just going to go with the flow.

look dont panic, heres my advise, decide what time your gonna hit the sack and what time youre gonna wake up in the morning heres a suggestion

now-11 study leonardo&michaelangelo or whatever you feel needs more focus
    11:00 til you go to bed...focus on biology as you need to be DREAMING biology for the morning, then set up ur alarm for 5am, snooze abit THEN start studying biology for 6am giving you 2 realistic hours in the morning before exam!!THEN rememnber that you still have 90 mins after biology to go over the key areas in art history!!!

GOOD LUCK...now to practice what i preach and start doing SOMETHING....:D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    K, heres the deelio.

Tonight and tomorrow morning i will study:
    1. Newgrange.
    2. Romanueque/Gothic Architecture. Maybe Da Vinci.
    3. Gallery Q.

If they dont come up, ah well, its my last exam!

And i spanked the practicals, my pottery teacher said it would be a crime if i didnt get an A and my still life teacher said that it was easily the best work ive ever done. Obviously no matter how my practical was i need some marks for an honor but im just going to go with the flow.

im thinking da vinci babe...unless youre good at the other ones???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xsinox

I'm studying New Grange, Leonardo, Romanesque/gothic and gallery Q! but my teacher was sayin that the gallery question isn't always guaranteed to come up!!!

xsinox wrote: »
    I'm studying New Grange, Leonardo, Romanesque/gothic and gallery Q! but my teacher was sayin that the gallery question isn't always guaranteed to come up!!!

it better!!!im not even studying...coz i dont now how:( i dont know the key points to mention:(HELP:confused:

by the way if youre studying leonardo study michaelangelo too coz they might want you to compare, unless your focusing on Romanesque/gothic really well then youre basically garanteed a question!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

hah I'm fecked.
    I've resigned myself to that fact that my lcvp points will take the place of art.
    My practicals were fairly good, but our teacher has no ability to impart wisdom or knowledge of any kind, so very few people will do well in the history.
    It sucks, because I love the practical side of the subject, and enjoyed the exams, and now my grade will drop due to sub standard teaching. And yes, I know, I could have studied it myself, but with 7 other subjects, I realised that a decent teacher is important.
    Put it this way, she'd get someone in the class to read out about 12 pages of a chapter, and then tell us to have an essay done on it for the end of the week.

anyhoo, art history, I'll stretch out a newgrange essay (somehow) and I haven't a clue whatsoever of European history, and I'll bull**** my way through a gallery essay on a pixar exhibition I was in Australia last summer. (provided those Qs come up, if not...)

Advertisement