Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent mascara less then €3

Options
  • 11-06-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

In the spirit of credit crunch, bought a boots natural collection mascara recently and am very impressed. Less than €3 ( Full price) and pretty damn good. 3 types and 2 colours. Am normally a make up snob but this works as well as more expensive brands and the brush is easy to use. ( Can't understand how people can apply that maybelline stuff in the pink and green tube, the mess I make!.) Anyhoo at €3 it's worth trying girls :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yep yep, I too am a fan of this :) Though I prefer to use a smaller brush with it, I find the brush too thick. But the mascara itself is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

My mum had a new mascara in the bathroom the last time I was at home, and I tried it. Thought it was really good! So I was like 'mum where did you get this?'

She replied 'Aldi' :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I find it hard to get one I like tbh. I've tried a good few, and either it goes on too thickly; leaving you with clumps or its far to thin.

I've tried the natural collections, and I found it a little thin. I generally go for very light make-up, if I wear it at all. But if you are very minimalist about all of your make-up, this would be the way to go. (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

missmatty wrote: »
    My mum had a new mascara in the bathroom the last time I was at home, and I tried it. Thought it was really good! So I was like 'mum where did you get this?'

She replied 'Aldi' :eek: :o

I've heard amazing things about Aldi's anti-wrinkle cream. Haven't tried it yet. About €4!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hmm, I'm super fussy about what goes on my face. No €3 mascara for me. Yves Saint Laurent is the only way forward. Once you try it, you'll never go back. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Tried it, wasn't waterproof, didn't like it, Looked like this :cool:!

Grawns wrote: »
    Tried it, wasn't waterproof, didn't like it, Looked like this :cool:!

They have a waterproof one too. I haven't tried it but have heard good reports.

That's strange it ran on you. I practically need paint stripper to take mine off at night!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I always forget which one it is Watna, can you tell me the name again?

GinnyJo wrote: »
    I always forget which one it is Watna, can you tell me the name again?

The mascara?

It's Yves Saint Laurent - Faux Cils. Apparently it's the bestselling mascara in the world. It's cheaper in the airport (about €20 last time I bought one)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

watna wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm super fussy about what goes on my face. No €3 mascara for me. Yves Saint Laurent is the only way forward. Once you try it, you'll never go back. Seriously.

Dries out WAAY too quickly!

A good cheapy mascara is Max Factor 2000 Calories mascara. Very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have tried every mascara on the market and Max Factor is the one I find best. Haven't tried the boots one though. For €3 I may give it a lash ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The one i'm using now is the Max factor masterpiecemax, its good enough I've had 2 people ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes so far:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

GinnyJo wrote: »
    The one i'm using now is the Max factor masterpiecemax, its good enough I've had 2 people ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes so far:D

Oooh I must try that.

Advertisement