Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French comprehension question - no answer correct?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

Nanaki wrote: »
    said (d), and devienne for the subj.
    Did anyone else notice the last word of the second comprehension :
    "rhabiller"
    typo?

No, it's like putting 're' before 'habiller' meaning to dress, but because the 'h' is silent you knock off the 'e'. Rhabiller means to dress somebody up again (I'd say that comes up a lot...) or to renovate.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

starkinter wrote: »
    No, it's like putting 're' before 'habiller' meaning to dress, but because the 'h' is silent you knock off the 'e'. Rhabiller means to dress somebody up again (I'd say that comes up a lot...) or to renovate.

okay, thanks :)
    I'd gotten it was REhabiller, just wasn't sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Bugger. Chose (c), didn't understand (d). Ah well.

And yeah, devienne for subj.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

If you feel an answer in both the comprehension and the listening comprehension is a few answers, if you write them down to you still get the marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Was la bete noire the one about the l'on n'aime pas or something???

I went for b)in that choice thingy but I knew the second I came out it was wrong...:( but I only picked it cos of the tourists and the bit about Louis Vitton at the start... balls, 5 marks gone for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

Yeah, that one was 'la bête noire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

you just made my night!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    i think there was two 'prennent' and 'devienne'

no prennent could be the present plural and the sobjontif plural, so it depends on the context. It doesnt look like its the sobjonif in the text.

"À défaut de solutions
    toutes faites, certains se prennent à
    rêver"

Thats present tense. answer was devienne.

my comprehension aswers here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56220549&postcount=141

Advertisement