Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline, 11/06

• 11-06-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listening to todays disembowelment on liveline? Talking about a guy running a models agency and absolutely crucifying him.

A lot of accusations about the owners past, and talking about crimes committed by someone with the same name (owner says it's not him)
    If they have the right guy, Duffy is taking it personally (model agency targeting 13 year-olds) and doing a fantastic job in utterly destroying the owner. If they have the wrong guy, duffy will lose his job. Talk about ballsy radio! Totally riveting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sounds crazy, I'll turn it on so.

Edit: looks like I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dang, now talking about neighbours and balls.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah - from the sublime to the ridiculous :) Have a listen to yesterdays show to get context (this is day 2), and today's should be on the site soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

miketv wrote: »

Obviously models can only read comic sans :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmmm, its lucky for RTE that the Joe Duffy radio show is not part of thier schedule (says the lawyer sat besides me).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I have been critical of Duffy in the past,but ,in fairness, as Dezzie Cahill would say he was great today.
    Pushed out the boat and nailed ,in my opinion, the dude running Eiremodels to the fcukin floor.
    In my opinion the fcuker was a total scammer but had a neck like jockeys bollox.

What it brought home to me was the abject lack of awareness,lack of common sense, total nativity of todays young people.

MTV TV they believe all the shíte they put out and and the lure of big bucks for no talent or hard work just overrides everything.

Fook me, but BB has a lot to answer for.

Anyway credit where credit is due,nobody but Duffy could have produced such riveting radio.

Respect.

Anybody know how long it usually takes for RTE to put the show online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Obviously models can only read comic sans :pac:
    Had to laugh at this

This show will be broadcast in August on a TV station which has not yet been agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the butcher of ballyer

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Anyway credit where credit is due,nobody but Duffy could have produced such riveting radio.

Respect.

Very entertaining show.:p
    Only problem was that i noticed that Joe was being fed the questions by someone audibly in the background throughout most of the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I had t on yesterday myself and some days like yesterdays , depending on the topic and who cuts across who while talking ,the show can be worth listening to :D

smiddyboy wrote: »
    Only problem was that i noticed that Joe was being fed the questions by someone audibly in the background throughout most of the show!

+1, that's been more and more noticeable in the last few weeks, and it's annoying. Today, when the girl supporting the agency rang in, I heard a very distinct "day", followed immediately by Joe saying "have you heard from them today". I understand there's a team in there, but sort out the mic levels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

smiddyboy wrote: »

Could have been him speaking as he is on a delay?

The man is like that auld busybidy biddy outside the church gossiping to everyone while fondling her rosary bids in a sanctimonious, pious manner. I listen at times for the sheer ridiculousness, bizarity, pettiness etc of the topics and callers.

Thts what makes it funny to listen to ,seeing what ails people in ireland and abroad ,real or imagined :D

Could have been him speaking as he is on a delay?

The man is like that auld busybidy biddy outside the church gossiping to everyone while fondling her rosary bids in a sanctimonious, pious manner. I listen at times for the sheer ridiculousness, bizarity, pettiness etc of the topics and callers.

harsh Ron, I say again harsh.

Todays topic was hardly petty was it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

tbh wrote: »
    If they have the wrong guy, duffy will lose his job..

oh no he won't... no one in this country ever loses their job for screwing up...

g :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Today, when the girl supporting the agency rang in,

I was listening to her and thinking, she must work for the agency and Joe is trying to catch her out by mentioning all these names in the magazine that also work in the agency.

As Beruthiel might say.....Die Shill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

snubbleste wrote: »

I was listening to her and thinking, she must work for the agency and Joe is trying to catch her out by mentioning all these names in the magazine that also work in the agency.
    +1!

The guy I share an office with normally hates JD, but he was all ears today.

If this doesn't turn out to be the same guy mentioned on BBC WatchDog then I think Liveline/RTE are in for another bad-hair day in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

mike65 wrote: »

Judging by the spelling from some of the people on there, they deserve to be ripped off. :p

Judging from the accents of some of the bints interviewed I fcukin despair.

MTV wannabees.

Semi American accents......jaysus, is this what we are spawning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It would seem eire models have suspended their business. statement on the front page of their website

http://www.eiremodels.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

+1!

The guy I share an office with normally hates JD, but he was all ears today.

If this doesn't turn out to be the same guy mentioned on BBC WatchDog then I think Liveline/RTE are in for another bad-hair day in court.

Interesting to note this; MT denied being the Mark Townley who was banned from England and Wales by the UK courts and claimed never to have been in London. The url www.eiremodels.com is registered to a Mark Townley using a London based PO box.

Don't be waiting in the Four Courts for this one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Eiremodels.com
    Please be advised that due to recent negative publicity and attacks Eire Models feels in a position to suspend it’s operation and school due to the extreme damages caused by untrue and inaccurate media claims.

No one has ever had a negative thing to say about our business before, although it’s clear that we cannot recover from such an unprovoked, shocking and continued attack.

No mention of legal action on the website which seems a bit odd.You'd imgine it'd be mentioned.

Raging I missed most of the show today, but everyone was talking about it, here. Any ideas if this will be available on the RTE website anytime soon?

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    No mention of legal action on the website which seems a bit odd.You'd imgine it'd be mentioned.

Raging I missed most of the show today, but everyone was talking about it, here. Any ideas if this will be available on the RTE website anytime soon?

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2008/pc/pod-v-110608-62m30s-liveline.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lauurapisini

i missed it today does anyone know exactly what was said?

• Advertisement

Hi laura, I take it word is speading through the Dublin modeling scene like wildfire?

The podcast above tells all warning its 60 mbs long. the accusation is that eiremodels are "seducing" girls into paying money (300 euro) for no return, its been suggested that Mark Townley has history of a dubious sort. He denies this saying its someone else.

The interesting issue for me is the use of the name Irelands Next Top Model in association with TV3. TV3 deny they have any links with eiremodels and eiremodels do not have rights to the Next Top Model name.

Mike.

the whole organisation was quite literally vanity publishing.

Its on the liveline website. right or wrong, duffy buried him.

mike65 wrote: »
    Hi laura, I take it word is speading through the Dublin modeling scene like wildfire?

The podcast above tells all warning its 60 mbs long. the accusation is that eiremodels are "seducing" girls into paying money (300 euro) for no return, its been suggested that Mark Townley has history of a dubious sort. He denies this saying its someone else.

The interesting issue for me is the use of the name Irelands Next Top Model in association with TV3. TV3 deny they have any links with eiremodels and eiremodels do not have rights to the Next Top Model name.

Mike.

it sounded like they planned to "cyber-squat" the name - like that story about the guy who registered 21st Century Fox.

Blimey I'm listening to this and I can only hope RTE lawyers had a full run-down on what line Liveline would take (including knowing that fella would phone saying he recognised the voice) but somehow I doubt that actually happened.

Mike.

http://www.eirefarbgel.com/page5.htm

Another MrSite created website, this was also quoted on the live line show.

• Advertisement

Ah I was looking for that - under the name eirefab (going deaf).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭ooter

just been Listening to it today,i don't Tink JD will be going to the High Court any time soon.he Confirmed on the Show today that this Guy is the same one who has Criminal Charges in GB.
    right at the end of the Show the Girl who was on Defending the MA on Tuesday came back on to Say her Cheque(Wages Cheque for this Week i Presume) had Bounced.Surprise Surprise!
    Sounds like he's a very Convincing Man,sure aren't all Conmen?

I sent this mail to the show today:

Between your man from Eire models yesterday and the guy from Irish Psychics Live today, there's been a lot of con-men on your show this week!

Slight disparity in their treatment tho.

No answer yet!

All we need is for Tom the Con to make a reappearance and its a hat-trick!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Between your man from Eire models yesterday and the guy from Irish Psychics Live today, there's been a lot of con-men on your show this week!

Slight disparity in their treatment tho.

No answer yet!
    They don't reply to emails.

• Advertisement

I've had a few answers back in my time, usually, I have to say, looking for my phone number.

I've had a few answers back in my time, usually, I have to say, looking for my phone number.
    He mustn't like me so. ;)

I didn't notice anyone from Irish Psychics Lie on today, didn't they successfully sue Liveline last year?

Correct Mike.

the guy who bought Charles Dickens' desk is the guy who owns Irish Psychic Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I was googling about the whole thing earlier and came across the bebo of the girl who called in to defend them. She seemed genuine enough, as in, she wasn't a plant, just trying to convince herself it wasn't a scam and her modelling career is still on track...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Catikins

It appears that the guy in question has done a runner with all the money. From what i can tell no contracts were signed on behalf of the employees (make up artists, promotion staff etc.) so i guess that's it, nothing can be done. My cousin was with them and isn't very happy with the situation!

I'd love someone to attack him with some of his "eire farb gel"
    http://www.eirefarbgel.com/page2.htm

Catikins wrote: »
    I'd love someone to attack him with some of his "eire farb gel"
    After what has been disclosed this week, the Guards and Revenue will be hot on the trail, never mind the disgruntled parents of 13-year olds that his sales team approached on Grafton St.

Obviously, travel to the UK won't be an option ;)

Scams like the one mentioned on liveline are nothing new, it's just they get more news coverage these days .

20 years ago nobody gave a monkeys .Perhaps they still dont ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement