Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Pounds

Options
  • 11-06-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I've been ringing around irelands pounds to see if any of them have had a dog reported stolen. I believe a dog I picked up was stolen and then dumped when it was realised she was neutered, so she could be from anywhere in the country.

The recorded messages I'm getting are ridic - open from 11am to 12.30pm, open monday, tuesday and friday only, out of all the pounds I tried to call only one answered - the one who answered informed me that they dont take descriptions of dogs found outside their area. WTF. I just assumed that with the theft of dogs such a common occurance, all the pounds would have a central database?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

all they are good for is killing dogs IMO (except for the few that co-operate with rescues obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

It sounds as if you'd have better luck on the web,
    Helena. Like many of our public operations -- they
    wouldn't have a system to find a system! Good
    (better) luck with the ringing around :)

http://www.irishanimals.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 staceyc141

what breed is the dog

Advertisement