Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did the lisbon posters disappear to?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Overnight loads of posters for the yes camp mainly were gone. The only "yes" ones in my area that I noticed were the Irish ones. There were also bigger "yes" posters up yesterday that said something like ... Thought for the day - Libertas is spending 1.3 million on the "no" campaign, why?

Any idea what happened all the posters? Aliens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Are they gone as part of the media blackout today or does that include posters?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I wish election posters were banned, they are dangerous to pedestrians, unsightly and a plain waste of money.

Wonder how much FF/FG/PD are spending?
    FF giving out to others over election funds, imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Sherifu wrote: »
    media blackout?

Sure these large posters would have only been up for a few hours in total...

snubbleste wrote: »
    I think they have listed somewhere exactly what they spend on posters. What I'm wondering is why a lot of the posters have been taken down.

I think initially it was 50000 posters for the 3 main parties... this could have increased by then tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I was walking in the Dublin Road on Monday afternoon and noted a load of posters down and in people's gardens, all yes posters. Must have been a yes-windy night on Sunday :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sniipe wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is why a lot of the posters have been taken down.

Fancy going on a stakeout tonight to find out who or what is responsible? :D

I think initially it was 50000 posters for the 3 main parties... this could have increased by then tho.

We'll find out after the vote when all parties declare their spends.

Fancy going on a stakeout tonight to find out who or what is responsible? :D

Yea sweet, lets do that, and lets remember to take off the lens cap...
    bush_binoculars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

thought there was a statutory period after an election or referendum in which posters had to be removed within 30 days or the campaigns/individuals would be fined or prosecuted. would have expected them to remain in place for another week or so...but then again maybe the yes campaign is just getting a head start on things...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

thought there was a statutory period after an election or referendum in which posters had to be removed within 30 days or the campaigns/individuals would be fined or prosecuted. would have expected them to remain in place for another week or so...but then again maybe the yes campaign is just getting a head start on things...
    I believe it's 7 days after polling. Of course they never remove the cable ties when they take down the poster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Sniipe wrote: »
    Yea sweet, lets do that, and lets remember to take off the lens cap...
    bush_binoculars.jpg
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sherifu wrote: »

I was under the impression that the medias blackouts only happen in general election times..the Galway Indo today had yes/No adverts in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I was under the impression that the medias blackouts only happen in general election times..the Galway Indo today had yes/No adverts in it..
    I think there is.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56211390&postcount=149

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Think its just broadcast media that has the blackout. Print media is not included.

I don't think Brian Cowen understands irony! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

KD is building a fort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

JohnCleary wrote: »
    KD is building a fort

:D

(Ahhh, I shouldn't laugh really - poor fella!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

No surprise that 'yes' posters were ripped down, not that they were any good anyway!

it's not like the 'no' camp have a pedigree for respecting democratic institutions!

Advertisement