Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of John Travolta's private estate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Get a grip Degsy, its a B707 which he flies on some agreement with Qantas.

Stick to the tomes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Get a grip Degsy, its a B707 which he flies on some agreement with Qantas.

Stick to the tomes.

Pardon me all over the palce.Just thought you'd like a mooch around his back garden is all.

Thanks Degs, lovely tour, apologies for the rant.

Thanks Degs, lovely tour, apologies for the rant.

A bit eggbound today are we?

Had to tow a relations car from Drumcondra to fcukin Swords today... bit stressed out.

• Advertisement

Had to tow a relations car from Drumcondra to fcukin Swords today... bit stressed out.

Bad call banty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Glad to see the weather can be crap in Florida too. I'd feel quite at home there. Actuallly his 'jumbo' was in Kerry at the time where he often goes on golfing trips. :p

I'd love to live in an air park like that with my aeroplane waiting for me in the hangar/garage.

The peopel in the car were really paranoid. You'd think they were in Area 51.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

"the only private commercial runway in florida"

WTF? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I was on a spotting trip to Oshkosh years ago , I was driving along , saw a runway so peeled off the road to have a look .... called in and it was an ' airpark'

The manager took me round.

Really cool, basically I knocked on these guys patio doors asking if I could take a look in their hangers , found all sorts of treasures in there ( Stearmans etc etc )

That trip was wild , if any of you get a chance of going to Oshkosh ( the EAA fly in ) do go it's great fun

( The EAA are the US equivilant of the PFA in the UK , or the RSA in France )

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

electric69 wrote: »

I think he meant the only private runway that could hold the jets like the 707. Which he might mean as commercial jets.

He's still wrong though. Pratt and Witney have a huge runway and I think I've seen a few others as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I wonder did they still get caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mac 3

N707JT was in Shannon a few times last year (Thats the Qantas 707) The last time it was here, It had some engine trouble and stayed around a few days. I dont think he flew it back to the States though. He went back on another private jet.

There was an article on his place in Florida some time ago in the Sunday Times Style magazine. Some of the rooms are themed on fifties and sixties US airport lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

electric69 wrote: »

Sure Florida is covered in bloody runways ... some private and commerical.
    The ones to watch out for are the ones that you only notice in the brush once you are almost on top of them. You know the ones that were frequenty by nighttime Columbian charter flights ;)
    Of course there is also the little NASA one which is private and commerical if you look at it in a certain way.

The one thing I would question about Travolta is, isn't he a scientolist ?
    Flying saucers and all that :eek:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

jmayo wrote: »
    The one thing I would question about Travolta is, isn't he a scientolist ?
    Flying saucers and all that :eek:

Whats that got to do with the price of turnips?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

rav1410 wrote: »
    Whats that got to do with the price of turnips?

All I will say is Tom Cruise :D

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement