Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question Cracks in Bumpers?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Im doing the NCT test shortly & my car has cracks in both from & rear bumpers.
    Just parking damage but the car is a 1999 Mondeo & has vesy soft bumpers & hence has some cracks a few inches long.

Would these be a fail or could I put some strong duck-tape etc on them?
    They are sharp in places & you can see right through in some!
    I dont want to buy new bumpers unless its really necessary lol

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If they are sharp they will fail from my understanding. Ring the NCT centre and ask them and they will tell you straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I brought an 1997 Mazda 626 for testing with a cracked front bumper, it was of no concern apparently. Sharp bits may be a different story.
    Check the NCT manual here (PDF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

A little bit of DIY to remove the sharpness and I think youre probably ok (from experience)

Advertisement