Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Broadband

Options
  • 11-06-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I want to get internet in my new place but I'm not sure how to go about setting it up. In my last place I used Digiweb but I can't this time because I am not allowed to drill a hole in the wall, which Digiweb need to do.

I tried the plug-in internet from the mobile phone companies but the connection was far too slow and it didn't suit. If all else fails I could get a landline installed but I don't really want to be paying for a landline when I'm not planing to use it for anything other than connecting to the Internet.

What are my options for getting Internet in? Or where could to find out? I've been to a couple of companies websites and they're not very helpful. Plus, I'd like to know if I have a few options. Can anyone reccomend a Broadband company?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Do you have cable (UPC) where you are? You can get Broadband from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

You're basically looking at cable or if thats not available you will have to bite the bullet and get a landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Wow, I'll have to bone up a lot more before I sign any kind of a contract (and most of them seem to be 12 month contracts). That UPC one seems like a good deal. Although I might look into NTL and Sky and see what kind of TV & Internet packages they do. Or do they have to drill a hole in the wall for that?

Bah, there is very bad reception where I live which makes the "plug-in" types of Broadband a much less desireable option but they might be my only option due to the "no holes" policy. Murphy's Law, in my last place I was allowed to put a hole in the wall but even if I hadn't, the reception wouldn't have been too bad!

Advertisement