Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on this type of rifle please

Options
  • 11-06-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Here's the link. On the Henry site Landers are listed as the importers, have you seen them anywhere else around the country, prices?

Does anyone have one of these rifles, experiences? Problems? Accuracy?

Also, don't really know why I'm asking this but with the 12 round magazine does it fall into restricted territory? I believe to fit a moderator I would need to have it screw cut and the magazine shortened anyway so lessening the capacity isn't a problem.

All help appreciated :)

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It won't be on the restricted list at the moment because there is no restricted list at the moment, but it doesn't fall onto the list set out in the as-yet-uncommenced SI.anyway. There's only a magazine size restriction for the semi-auto rimfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

johngalway wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here's the link. On the Henry site Landers are listed as the importers, have you seen them anywhere else around the country, prices?

Also, don't really know why I'm asking this but with the 12 round magazine does it fall into restricted territory? I believe to fit a moderator I would need to have it screw cut and the magazine shortened anyway so lessening the capacity isn't a problem.

All help appreciated :)

John

The 10 round restriction is for semi-autos only. The Henry looks like a repeater, so the restriction wouldn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

rrpc wrote: »
    The 10 round restriction is for semi-autos only. The Henry looks like a repeater, so the restriction wouldn't apply.

I think it might apply, I was of the view a repeater that could fire more than 10 rounds would be restricted see below

"repeating firearms" means firearms that are loaded and reloaded from a maga¬zine or cylinder by a manually-operated mechanism;

and then, what is not restricted is a

(ii) single-shot, repeating or semi-automatic rim-fire firearms designed to fire rim-fire percussion ammunition and with a maga¬zine having a capacity of not more than 10 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

what is not restricted is a
    (ii) single-shot, repeating or semi-automatic rim-fire firearms designed to fire rim-fire percussion ammunition and with a magazine having a capacity of not more than 10 rounds
    True. How you break it into clauses makes all the difference. I was doing so according to the colors above but it could equally easily be done like so:
    single-shot, repeating or semi-automatic rim-fire firearms designed to fire rim-fire percussion ammunition and with a magazine having a capacity of not more than 10 rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Lol, ok I'm happy to see it's simple law (to be) as usual. Great little country this :D I wonder if I had it sent to a gunsmith to alter it before I recieved it would that get it off the list - should it be on it lol. I had been reading on the BBS that to fit a moderator to one the magazine needs to be altered anyway.

Leaving that aspect aside, have any of you used one or heard solid reports about them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

johngalway wrote: »

Have you looked or asked on the Henry forum on Rimfirecentral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Have you looked or asked on the Henry forum on Rimfirecentral?

Ohhhh Sandy :D Great idea that, I'd completely forgotten about that forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

lovely looking bit of kit, that rifle, a horse and a cowboy hat and there'd be a new sheriff in town

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, and while part of me thinks it's fundamentally wrong, part of me thinks it'd look cool with a mod.

Advertisement