Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Excel Question

• 11-06-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

Wasn't sure where the right place to post this is..... anyway, I am trying to copy and paste cells in Excel. I have 13 cells across by 6 cells down, and I want to mirror them. Eg, the cells read 13, 12, 10... 1 from left to right at the moment, but I want to copy them to that they read 1, 2, 3..... 13 from left to right. Flipping them around essentially.

For the smartar*es who tell me to just re-type them, I have loads of other data and formulae already worked out in the rows below so don't want to go re-typing it all.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Using vlookup, I have demonstrated in the attached tables.

I inititally though of transpose - but it was the wrong garden path to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Transpose would work - copy the data then right click, hit paste special and select "transpose". Then sort the data the opposite way (data - sort descending) from which you had it, and then copy-paste-transpose again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ncarroll

I need some help with VBA. I want to display this drop down box in a form, not a spreadsheet. I want the user to open excel, hide the spreadsheet, just display a form, with a dropdown box for surname, a drop down for organisation, and a drop down for positions. This allows a spreadsheet to list all the detail based on the users selection, i.e. view all people named Noel, or view all CEOs within the DB, or view all personell asociated with Company X. 3 choices, 3 dropdown boxes, 2 buttons (search & exit).

Any suggestions....????

Noel:confused:

Advertisement