Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting internet working

• 11-06-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

so i reformatted my pc and i need to know how do i get my internet back up and running ..

im have eircom broadband with netopia 2247NWG router

do i need to download software with it as the HD woud of been wiped clean or is it somewhere in control panel where i switch it on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Do you have a setup cd that may have come with the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

possibly not but ll have a look

yea i found the CD and i went throught some stuff and when it gets to installing your USB drivers it stops and tells me to "insert or connect your adapter now"

ive never touched anything since i reformatted and it was working..tried putting thm in and out and all that but it doesnt seem to be working :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you connecting through USB? If not, there should be no need to install anything. IIRC, they do ask you to ensure nothing is connected until they ask you at the start of the USB set up though.

If you are connecting through Ethernet, you may need to reinstall your Ethernet drivers.

and where would i get etherent drivers?

brother usually deals with all this stuff and i dont have a clue lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Either from a driver disk supplied by your manufacturer, or online from their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you use ethernet there should be no need for drivers. Just plug in the Ethernet cable (looks like a wide phone cable) and try your Internet. To re install the Ethernet drivers just delete them (control panel>system>Hardware>Device manager>network adapters) and restart the computer. They should reinstall automatically on restart. Ethernet usually uses a standard set of Microsoft drivers built into windows.

Advertisement