Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turkey-Switzerland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bloody hell..... both teams are sh*te, and the pitch is crap. Hilarious match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Scolari to manage Chelski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Come on 10 mins left to hold out for under 2.5

C'mon Turkey! Finish this lot off.

The greatest Volkan since Spock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol @ the chance wasted.

4 mins left to make up for them damn swedes killing my accumulator last night!
    Come on the draw!

Senderos is a donkey at both ends of the pitch.

• Advertisement

Turkey 2-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

YESSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Boom. Quality goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL.

Fantastic strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fitting that there best player on the night scores! :)

@&*!£$ goddammit!

• Advertisement

IrishMike wrote: »
    4 mins left to make up for them damn swedes killing my accumulator last night!
    Come on the draw!

rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cracking game, and Englands sole player gets another chance! :p

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Goodnight.

Bye Bye Switzerland! :D

Czech v Turkey should be great now. Winners takes all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You beauty, from being down €85 to ending up €160 ahead for the day in the space of a couple of seconds. McLovin it!

• Advertisement

Well that match was a nice surprise, not the borefest that was expected, even had abit of waterpollo in it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What did I tell you lads ;):
    Arda Turan starting for Turkey, watch this boy.

Presumably Newcastle's chances of signing him are now fooked.

You are Graeme Souness :eek:

DesF wrote: »
    LOL thats exactly what I was thinking! :D

It's a long tournament. He still has time lose form completely or end up in prison or make front page headlines for an incident outside a pub. Perfect Newcastle candidate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ok so both Turkey and the Czechs have exactly the same goal difference and goals scored. If it ends a draw between them what happens?

coin toss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Peno shootout.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Pigman II wrote: »
    coin toss

yeah i thought that was it, it just seemed a bit mad to be true. Imagine going out on a coin toss! Harsh.

Has that happened before?

DesF wrote: »

Graeme Souness is me, and stole my line. Look back at the Newcastle thread, I have been touting this boy for a long time.

Sure, it's only one game to most people, and he could lose form, but he has looked a class act at Gala and for Turkey for a while now. I can only hope he does sweet FA for the rest o the tournament so that we still have a chance at signing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Graeme Souness is me, and stole my line. Look back at the Newcastle thread, I have been touting this boy for a long time.

Sure, it's only one game to most people, and he could lose form, but he has looked a class act at Gala and for Turkey for a while now. I can only hope he does sweet FA for the rest o the tournament so that we still have a chance at signing him.

I heard we're in for him...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ok so both Turkey and the Czechs have exactly the same goal difference and goals scored. If it ends a draw between them what happens?

It goes to peno's

I heard we're in for him...;)

That's what has me worried.

Emre was our trump card in that deal, but we squandered that selling him to Fener, maybe even done our chances some harm.

The only thing though is that the signing of Modric and Dos Santos may have emptied the kitty on possibly going for Arda as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I thought it was qualification record, somebody was saying that on the Betfair forums.

Coin toss happened before btw. The year Italy won, they got through the semis on a coin toss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That's what has me worried.

Emre was our trump card in that deal, but we squandered that selling him to Fener, maybe even done our chances some harm.

The only thing though is that the signing of Modric and Dos Santos may have emptied the kitty on possibly going for Arda as well.

You're too gullible...:D

Not on our radar, but there's still cash in the kitty if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just wanna say thanks to the Turkish lads for completing my double today! Cha ching! Well deserved :p

You're too gullible...:D

Not on our radar, but there's still cash in the kitty if required.

No seriously, one of the lads on a Newky forum linked an article from a Turkish site which said Spuds were eyeing him up. Maybe they we BS'in, but still, it sent panic alarms on the forum after Modric and Woodgate-gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fizman wrote: »
    Just wanna say thanks to the Turkish lads for completing my double today! Cha ching! Well deserved :p
    Share the wealth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Share the wealth

I might have splashed it about a bit alright Dave if Torres was a little more selfish for the first goal! Had 2 singles yesterday, Spain to win, and Torres backed each way to be first scorer. As much as I love him, I shook my fist at him (a little) last night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Am I the only one who thinks the Swiss deserved something from their two displays? Unlucky not to equalise against a lacklustre Czech side, and I thought they slightly outplayed Turkey tonight.

Thank christ I didnt put money on it. 25 up on bets laid thanks to 3-1 Portugal 2 euro at 17-1, I had the buzz to run back out at 7pm and put a few on a 1-0 or 2-0 for Swiss :eek:

Thankfully it as pissing down and I decided not to bother. Nice one God :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Kingp35 wrote: »

Yep, as a couple of posters have said it would be settled by peno shoot-out, after the 90 mins.
    So, it is a knock out game in every sense of the word...should be an absolute cracker of a game!:)

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19079.pdf
    7.08 If two teams which have the same number of points, the same number of goals scored and conceded play their last group game against each other and are still equal at the end of that match, the ranking of the two teams in question will be determined by kicks from the penalty mark, provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points on completion of all group maches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really enjoyed the Turkey/Switzerland game by the end. Both sides going all out. Arda looked class too. I remember charlie mchugh talking him up a few weeks back and I made sure to keep an eye on him and I liked what I saw. Looks one for the future.

Arda looked class too. I remember charlie mchugh talking him up a few weeks back and I made sure to keep an eye on him and I liked what I saw. Looks one for the future.

Well at least someone remembers, and doesn't think i'm Graeme Souness's lapdog.

Advertisement