Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Sub Forums - Please have a look and a vote.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Pity theres a large number of previous posters who would have voted Yes but have been banned for fairly trivial purposes.

Its a loaded poll basically.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yes
    pvt.joker wrote: »

Come on,are you serious...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Yes
    Group Hug!!!!!!

Group%20hug%201.jpg

Yes

you cannot be serious?

gift from me to you,

MusicCatalog%5CU%5CUsual%20Suspects%20-%20Paranoia%20Part%202%20-%20The%20Sequel%5CUsual%20Suspects%20-%20Paranoia%20Part%202%20-%20The%20Sequel.jpg

PM me your address and i'll send it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yes
    Pity theres a large number of previous posters who would have voted Yes but have been banned for fairly trivial purposes.

Wow!

Just Wow!

That is a level of delusion I've never experienced and I'm from California!

You think there are 50+ banned posters who would support this?

Were you on the Clinton campaign team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yes
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    PM me your address and i'll send it :D

Or not :pac:

Yes
    It was stolen! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yes
    Can I ask what is being to improve the soccer forum currently based upon ideas from mods that were talked about in this thread and the Man U thread on the Forum Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yes
    We're discussing it with the admins (well Cult anyway). We'll let you know as soon as there is anything decided.

Yes
    PSI wrote: »
    We're discussing it with the admins (well Cult anyway). We'll let you know as soon as there is anything decided.
    Thanks for the update PSI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Yes
    No for me. It will hurt the soccer forum, the "community" feel to the place, and I like discussing things with opposing fans you get a more balanced view and you can learn more and appreciate soccer and other teams better. All these things would be effected if team sub-forums were created.

intreseting thing to see here is that this seemed to have a good bit of support in the feedback/forums forum so I am wondering how many of the people who were posting in the other thread supporting this are actually banned from the soccer forum and are looking for away around the ban.

No from me, it's a well-run forum as it is. I'd always take a quick look at the Liverpool thread here rather than the bbc gossip page and while here, I sometimes see interesting stuff on the board that I wouldn't read about otherwise.

Can banned users not just rejoin with a new account, and behave themselves?

Yes
    An amnesty for previously banned users could be good, but if they step out of line again its out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yes
    Van Zuylen wrote: »
    An amnesty for previously banned users could be good, but if they step out of line again its out the door.

I don't see the logic, or reasoning, behind this.

There's a three strike rule in place.

Either people were too stupid to follow this, or wanted to be banned.

Yes
    DesF wrote: »
    I don't see the logic, or reasoning, behind this.

There's a three strike rule in place.

Either people were too stupid to follow this, or wanted to be banned.
    Excuse my ignorance but why would anyone want to be banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yes
    It's a not from me.

Works fine as it is, will restrict discussion/banters etc etc etc.

It ain't broken....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yes
    Van Zuylen wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but why would anyone want to be banned?

Not that they want to be banned, but they want to act the pr!ck and deliberately cause trouble, fully aware that they will get banned.

Yes
    In an aid to improve the structure of this place, is it possible/feasible both on vBulletin structure and user favourability to do the following:

Currently we have threads on teams, and talk of sub forums have been not a popular idea but is it possible to have links in the main forum that lead to a discussion group. I am finding it hard to make sense of this in a post but it would look like the following:

Current Structure:

Man United Super Thread 07/08
    Liverpool Super Thread 07/08
    Villa Super Thread
    Etc......

Proposed Structure withing the actual Soccer Forum(based on feasibility)

Man United Discussion Group <- Link which would open a hierarchial structure
    + United Thread
    + United Thread
    + United Thread

Liverpool Discussion Group

+ Pool Thread
    + Pool Thread
    + Pool Thread

so on and so forth.

Basically when the poster clicks the discussion group it would open a hierarchy of threads within each group.

I dont know if this actually possible, hoping to get some advice on this from the Site Admins team on this.

Also what is the feeling about this idea from the Soccer Forum user community.

Anyways this is just an idea , all opinions welcome.

Link to Development discussion: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324014

Thats an excellent idea Cruijff. If this is possible within VBulletin it would be great to see.
    Sort of a forum within a superthread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

are you talking about subfora within the superthreads for different topics? or subthreads in the superthreads?

are you talking about expandable divs to hide/show united threads when the link is clicked or something?

• Advertisement

are you talking about subfora within the superthreads for different topics? or subthreads in the superthreads?

are you talking about expandable divs to hide/show united threads when the link is clicked or something?

I think he's talking about expandable divs to show united threads when the superthread link is clicked on.
    Don't know how feasible the technicalities of it are though :/

Don't know how feasible the technicalities of it are though :/

in its behaviour then it would be the very same as a sub forum. so it would be pointless to implement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yes
    Also, fwiw the original subforum idea has been officially rejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yes
    No

Yes
    surely this thread should be locked?

Yes
    Why would it be locked , its all about ideas on how the place can be improved.

What I have said is only ideas, for example in the Development forum Sherifu has mentioned another good idea for improvement, I will post what he said and put in the linkage.
    I wonder if we could prefix threads as in this forum.

Current Structure:

Man United Super Thread 07/08
    Liverpool Super Thread 07/08
    Villa Super Thread
    Etc......

Proposed Structure withing the actual Soccer Forum(Using Prefixing)

Man United Prefixes <- Using a search or drop down
    Manchester United Ronaldo Interview
    Manchester United Fergie Leaving
    Manchester United Transfer List

Liverpool Prefixes
    Liverpool Gerrard Unsettled
    Liverpool Hicks caught with prostitute
    Liverpool Injury news

so on and so forth.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324014

• Advertisement

Yes
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yes the lloyd the idea wasnt exactly feasible.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    surely this thread should be locked?

Why would it be locked? Is it bothering you that much? :rolleyes:

We're talking about ways the forum can be improved from the state it's in at the minute

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

officially rejected by who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yes
    officially rejected by who?
    CuLT.

Yes
    I think it should be locked as the idea has already been rejected.

maybe if yous want to discuss possible new features for this place a new thread could be the place for that, or the development part of the site, but this is a thread about SubForums which have already being rejected by the above vote by as landslide by the users of this site, and rejected by the mods and admin.

otherwise this thread will just be ressurected everytime someone recieves an infraction or someone says something controversial in one of the superthreads, it gets quite boring.

*Mods: wat ever happened to the discussion of the rules thread?*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yes
    Not for me. The Newcastle thread is baron enough without taking some of the contributors away. Sure I wouldn't be able to rib recklessone any more and vis a versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Yes
    Post#16:
    Kold wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining about it or anything but I never really got why we (Spurs supporters) had our own forum and noone else did.

Post#19:
    DesF wrote:
    Sub-forums are for Sub-Humans who can't handle criticism of their team, and who aren't able to control themselves enough to ignore obvious trolls.

Priceless. :D

Yes
    I set up a thread to discuss forum development and it has been deleted??

Why was it deleted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes
    The soccer mods and Cult are talking about ways to improve the use of the forum, once we hav come up with what we can it will be run by the forum. The changes will be based on the suggestions in your original Man United forum request.

Yes
    I have PM'ed the Mods, I cant understand why something would be deleted. It was discussion thread for ideas, I dont see what it was in violation of?

It makes no sense.

Yes
    The soccer mods and Cult are talking about ways to improve the use of the forum, once we hav come up with what we can it will be run by the forum. The changes will be based on the suggestions in your original Man United forum request.
    But why delete the thread surely discussion on possible ideas is healthy from posters ?

Am i weird in that this makes me strangely excited? do keep us informed please.

Yes
    Threads do not have to be in violation of anything to be deleted. This discussion is currently ongoing and as I explained in the last post, the suggestions being investigated are on the back of the suggestions in the Man United forum request. There is very little use in having those discussions on how best to improve the forum until after the changes that are already being investigated are implemented, if they do not serve the purpose that you are hoping for then that is a better time to make the discussion.

Threads do not have to be in violation of anything to be deleted. This discussion is currently ongoing and as I explained in the last post, the suggestions being investigated are on the back of the suggestions in the Man United forum request. There is very little use in having those discussions on how best to improve the forum until after the changes that are already being investigated are implemented.

there was an awful lot of ideas bandied around in that thread. any chance you coul let us know which ones are being looked at?

Yes
    Threads do not have to be in violation of anything to be deleted. This discussion is currently ongoing and as I explained in the last post, the suggestions being investigated are on the back of the suggestions in the Man United forum request. There is very little use in having those discussions on how best to improve the forum until after the changes that are already being investigated are implemented, if they do not serve the purpose that you are hoping for then that is a better time to make the discussion.
    Fair enough I suppose but I still cant understand why the thread had to be deleted, surely thats the whole point of a forum is to have dicussion on a topic and more ideas may be born out of the thread which could benefit the forum.

• Advertisement

Yes
    It did not have to be deleted, I chose to, there is work underway to bring changes to the forum and more discussion while interesting would serve little purpose for the moment. Once what can and can't be implemented from the suggestions is sorted then we will let you guys know and then if there are things that ye are still unhappy with we will look at them, until then perhaps you could keep them on a sticky by your machine :)

BTW, please keep to the topic at hand.

Yes
    Ya maybe I can keep a journal eh TFTF :rolleyes:

Yes
    without the rolleyes that is indeed a marvellous idea...

Advertisement