Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Tramore Railway Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Says its no longer available?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

bullpost wrote: »
    Says its no longer available?

just click on the link.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I cant remember was it someone else, but someone with a similar youtube video contacted me looking to donate the photos for Discover Tramore. I dont think they were the original copyright holder as I was given a heads up last year about people taking the photos, scanning them, and re-printing them for sale.

Iv always been fond of those videos, they are nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cutback

At 1:21 in that video there's a photo showing a church in the background, does anyone know anything about it cos it's not there now?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cutback wrote: »
    At 1:21 in that video there's a photo showing a church in the background, does anyone know anything about it cos it's not there now?

Where abouts is that part of the track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cutback

Sully wrote: »
    Where abouts is that part of the track?

I assumed it was in the station in Tramore looking back towards Waterford...could be wrong of course

I assumed it was in the station in Tramore looking back towards Waterford...could be wrong of course

From looking back over the photos I have, I don't think so. Apparently there was no church like structure in that area, and from looking over previous photos it seems that way.

My usual source has no photos of the track/trains (only a couple) but the video author has promised to send me on some for use on Discover Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gramach

The image you are looking at is Waterford Manor Street Station and the church is St Johns Church Parnell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good Video. :)

some interesting old locos on it.

Advertisement