Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 n00b question

• 11-06-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Ok, so I'm new to CoD4 and I'm currently enjoying the singleplayer version. But when I try to go into multiplayer, I get a list of servers, and stuff that looks out of my depth. How the hell do I get into multiplayer for a nice simple game? Thanks.

PC version BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Well just double click on a server name or click once and go to join game in the bottom corner in the server list. I hope you've installed the v1.6 patch for the new maps/ updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

No, I haven't. Where would I find that? Sorry for my noobishness. I assume I need to install it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah you will need to install it.

Here is a link for the patch.
    http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/demos/CoD4MW-1.6-PatchSetup.exe

Thanks guys. I'll be trying that out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Don't be disheartened if you spend your first hour or so getting absolutely owned. A lot of these guys are playing a long time and are very, very good.

Enjoy the learning curve. Try free-for-all first :)

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah well I'm not expecting any "wins", that's for sure. I learned that from playing GTA4 multiplayer. I was amazed at how good some of those guys were. I'm getting on pretty well in the single player though (CoD), so I have a bit of practice under me belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

nealmac wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm new to CoD4 and I'm currently enjoying the singleplayer version. But when I try to go into multiplayer, I get a list of servers, and stuff that looks out of my depth. How the hell do I get into multiplayer for a nice simple game? Thanks.

PC version BTW.

Try playing off peak and pick a server with low pings and only a few players in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

And try to find servers with Killcam enabled, so you can see how you got killed and learn from it.

You mean like a cam that shows a replay? Sounds useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Yes and it has a you icon above your head so you can watch yourself get killed, handy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement