Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing Leaving Cards

Options
  • 11-06-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

We've had quite a few people being made redundant in to my company over the last couple of months and so there’s been a lot of leaving cards going around. I like to leave a funny message rather then the standard “good luck in your new job” etc… but am starting to suffer writers block. In the last one to a guy I knew reasonably well I wrote:

“SEE! I told you shagging the boss always ends badly!”

Anyone got any Ideas or ones they’ve used in the past?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Drummo

"Glad to see you go, always thought you were a c*nt"

We got on quite well together so I'm pretty sure they knew I was kiddin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Doc wrote: »
    Anyone got any Ideas or ones they’ve used in the past?

Are you talking about a particular person, or something to write on them all?

Did you actually have anytime for them?

I avoid leaving cards unless I know the person well. Its a bit stupid tbh signing them unless you knew them / had time for them.

I was working for a place before that may as well have had a turnstile at the door. It does get annoying.

I've written "wurzle wurzle" on one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Turnstile FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

There’s a few different people who will be leaving over the next month or so. Some I know well others not so well, but still well enough that I should sign their card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"Good luck, you'll need it"

• Advertisement

Signed one today, slagged her about how she talks to herself...cos she does.

Its better than "Best of Luck"

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

"We didn't really get to know each other too well, which is a good thing because from what i've heard at the water cooler you're a bitch and you have a snatch that smells of marmite!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭magnia

"I dont like it here, can you take me with you?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"I could never abide you in the workplace and now I've been pressganged into this legislated jollity. Goodbye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rover84

Abigayle wrote: »
    I've written "wurzle wurzle" on one before.

Its not "wurzle wurzle" , its "woozle wazzle".

• Advertisement

rover84 wrote: »
    Its not "wurzle wurzle" , its "woozle wazzle".

Barts version I take it?

It isn't woozle wuzzle then no?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

just leave two bloody thumb prints on the card. Draw two unhappy faces in them. :mad: <- like that

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

"get well soon"
    its more effective on a birthday card though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I always find this works:

"Best of luck with the gender re-assignment, you always
    said you had the balls to go through with the operation.
    I suppose we'll have to get used to calling you Amanda
    in the future".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Mr.S wrote: »
    am i the only one who read the title as Singing Leaving Cert Cards?

No, you're not...:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Use a humerous pun like when Homer left the bowling alley. 'Sorry you had to split'
    would also work if you were a gymnast. Are you a gymnast?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

"so long and thanks for all the fish"

"good luck in your next job, hope they're more tolerant of B.O."

"you got fired:p"

"sorry for blaming you for all that stuff last week - hope you understand"

"Cool, can I have your stapler and hole punch now"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If they've worked there for a long time just write how funny it is that you were only a baby when they started. This works even if you are older than them, as it makes them feel worse that the office elder is in fact younger.

Or just write 'Glad it's not me!' That always goes down well when someone has been made redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

P.S., don't leave.

• Advertisement

P.S., don't leave ME HERE

Fixed :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"Pity it wasn't that asshole [insert the name of the person leaving here] going. Doubt we'll ever get rid of that twat."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

james coburn or lee marvin, i'm always mixing them up too...
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Dearest departing colleague,

My name is Prince Farah Asook Kinshawar. I am pleased to today announce to you this marvellous opportunity of financial reward. It is with my understanding that you tender disheartedly your resigning from the great COMPANY. Please I wish to show you the gratitude of me and my esteemed colleage, Mbeki Mbaki Mbuki. The steps are indeed simple.

First it is urgent that you first collect the bank draft from First Legitimate Bank of Mpala for the sum of twenty pounds (20.00£). Please if you will see that the draft will clear in three days (3) and then it will be enjoying your new bountiful life!!!!

Indeed I only require you furnish the legal transaction fee. Best wishes to your honorable family and your health.

Yours scammily,
    Whatever name I used above

I'm bored

Advertisement