Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching Placement Start Date

• 11-06-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

Im starting my HDIP in Trinity in earnest at the start Oct, does anyone know if the teaching placement practice starts then too? or is it when secondary school yr starts in sept? im not from dublin so i would have to move up a month early if it is sept..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hey, it should start the week of August 25 - when schools open. You should contact your teaching placement school to confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jingletree

OMG are you serious?! :eek:
    im going inter-railing in two weeks and was only planning to come back around the 20th August!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but yeah :( Unless you ask your principal really nice and he/she might let you start the following week. Timetables will have been made and students will need teachers from day one.

okey dokey sure no harm in trying anyway! also does anyone know whether the induction day on Monday is a full day thing or just a 1/2hr meeting? again not much time b4 i go travelling and need to prioritize my time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Heya guys

Startin the dip in Trinity in Sept. Was teaching this year so kinda know the procedure. We start in school on 25th August with the kids and then start an induction 2-wks in September.

The induction day on Monday is only a short meeting and only lasted bout two hours for the guys last yr.

See yaz there!

• Advertisement

Thanks see ya there!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 anna766

Apologies if I'm butting in on a thread (really have no clue how these boards work!) but I'm also doing the HDip at Trinity and was at the meeting today (Monday). Did anyone notice if we were given a copy of the timetable for the September induction weeks that David Limond had on the desk? I was so busy battling with the Garda Vetting Form (please tell me I wasn't the only one who filled in the instruction page before turning over to find the actual form!) to notice that I only left with the FAQ. Does anyone have a copy of the timetable?

Many thanks,

Anna

hi anna!

yup i was there they handed out the sept induction timetable with the other pages if u want to give me your email address i could scan mine and forward it to you?

Advertisement