Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford jumping on the saloon - coupe bandwagon.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do you not mean banglewagon?!

Reminded me more of an Audi A5 than a BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I like it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I don't like the styling of the current Mondeo but that's certainly an improvement. Still I can't say I'm crazy about it, but it'll be nice to see what it looks like in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

A 2.5 T petrol engine developing only 217bhp???

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I think it looks class, like a new model Cougar with two extra doors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesus ford are coming out with a nice few cars. I saw the Kuga jeep the other day and it looks well! Theres a new fiesta coming out too and looks surprisingly good. I say this new mondeo will have the powershift gearbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

looks like a mix between a hyundai coupe:mad: and an A5:) to me
    mondeos are usually great cars despite their bland rep-mobile image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

For a change Ford have actually got it right with the rear lenses.

For a change Ford have actually got it right with the rear lenses.
    like a sporty jag!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Usually I am not one for promoting badge snobbery but at the same time it is a fact of life that there is a market out there where buyers choose the badge before the car.

In that light I don't think an upmarket sleaker version of large volume sellers like Mondeo and Passat will be very successful. I think they will be stuck in limbo where the people who normally go for a regular Mondeo/Passat cannot stretch to one of these more expensive varients and then you have the people who these cars are aimed at not being able to see beyond the mainstream Ford, VW badge. Actually I would have thought that maybe Ford from a marketing perspective would have slot this car into their more upmarket Volvo range.

No doubt though the Mondeo CC and Passat CC will pop up in the more senior company rep car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I dunno...a bit jag like alright...but looks more like the ugly child of a Mondeo and a Laguna

anyone see the new focus Rs, it will have about 290-300 hp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

bigkev49 wrote: »
    A 2.5 T petrol engine developing only 217bhp???

Yeah its a womans car :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Plug wrote: »
    anyone see the new focus Rs, it will have about 290-300 hp.

Yeah, and front wheel drive...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I thought a coupe had to have 2 doors??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I quite like it. Looks very jag like IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dos30 wrote: »
    I thought a coupe had to have 2 doors??

That's what I thought, but there isn't really a firm definition for it. The new Passat coupe, Merc CLS and Mazda RX8 all have 4 doors.
    bazz26 wrote:
    In that light I don't think an upmarket sleaker version of large volume sellers like Mondeo and Passat will be very successful.

You could be right, but thankfully that wasn't the case for the Peugeot 406 Coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

eoin_s wrote: »
    You could be right, but thankfully that wasn't the case for the Peugeot 406 Coupe.

Yeah but the 406 looked like a proper coupe, even if it was built on the 406 saloon platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

I think it looks class, would look great in black with privacy glass in the back windows!

off topic, i've finally seen a few of the the new jaguar xf and i think it looks great, way better in the flesh than in photo's!!...

Advertisement