Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole....??

Options
  • 11-06-2008 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Does anyone know how long outta school du have to be before you can apply to go on the dole??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Jeez lass, where's your ambition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

13.16716234^e

In undefined units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

haha the irony of you writing this is the leaving cert forum.
    come on galwaygirl, u dont need to do that, be ambitious, be be ambitious!
    you'll do well in your leaving cert and wont need the dole...
    or you could just get by on your looks (cas her hair was black and her eyes were blue :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

If the Leaving goes tits-up, I'd just redo it myself to be honest- before even asking about the Dole.

I don't think I've done amazingly, but I'm confident enough I'll get by :pac:
    My emergency plan would be

a)get a job
    b)do the leaving outside school(this even possible? please say yes)
    c)study a bit next time

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

I could be wrong but I think she's wondering for the summer.

I'm away for this whole summer and won't be working. Am I entitled to claim the dole as I'm not in full time education as I'm officially finished school?

Is that what you mean galwaygirl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

three months, my friend checked it. so by the time the summer has ended itl be too late cos ur registered in a college by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Don't think you can apply for dole at all unless you have proof that you have actively been seeking employment without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So your looking to have a budding career I see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I am going to college but not till next year, and I will be working but Im getting paid cash in hand so I can still go on the dole...

I am going to college but not till next year, and I will be working but Im getting paid cash in hand so I can still go on the dole...
    Isn't that...decepticoning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sounds perfectly above board to me.

Not-again-picard2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

:mad:

oh lovely.... hope the revenue catch you...... Scam artist:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't do that if i were you.
    1) if you get caught legal proceedings will be brought against you
    2) anyone paying taxes will resent you
    3) thats going to impress nobody that you decided to work and screw over people who work hard to pay for people who genuinely can't get work.

You've been warned....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

You're what we call a "knacker"

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

you could but that would be illegal.

You have to show proof that you are actually applying for a job.

+ The amount you receive is dependent on how long you have worked already. So if I was you I dont think it is worth breaking the law for a few measly euros :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Isn't that stealing from the tax payer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Here's to you xxGalwayGirlxx

A few measly euro.... €200 a week!!!, on top of my wages...why not sure.....if it can be done, why not!!

A few measly euro.... €200 a week!!!, on top of my wages...why not sure.....if it can be done, why not!!

because if you get caught you end up with alot less money than you started with and a criminal record that will, for example prevent you from ever entering the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

You would want to be 100% sure u arent paying tax. I always thought i was gettin cash in the hand but my employer was actually paying tax for me, so ask your employer are they paying tax for u first. and if they are ur name will be registered and you wont be able to draw the dole. Thats wat i think neway

• Advertisement

Because it's essentially stealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

To qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit you must:

* Be unemployed,
    * Be aged under 66,
    * Be capable of work,
    * Be available for/genuinely seeking seek work,
    * Have sufficient PRSI contributions and
    * Have sustained a loss of employment and as a result of this loss be fully unemployed for at least 3 days in any period of 6 consecutive days.

In other words you won't get it because;
    a)Your not unemployed
    b) and I am assuming you haven't make sufficient, if any, PRSI contributions, as you are getting cash in hand.

If you do get a job and go on the dole I really hope you get caught; I despise your kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

you should pimp your body while your at it for the weekend, more cash for you...:rolleyes:

To qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit you must:

* Be unemployed,
    * Be aged under 66,
    * Be capable of work,
    * Be available for/genuinely seeking seek work,
    * Have sufficient PRSI contributions and
    * Have sustained a loss of employment and as a result of this loss be fully unemployed for at least 3 days in any period of 6 consecutive days.

In other words you won't get it because;
    a)Your not unemployed
    b) and I am assuming you haven't make sufficient, if any, PRSI contributions, as you are getting cash in hand.

If you do get a job and go on the dole I really hope you get caught, I despise you kind.

Sound thats all I needed to know, perfect so in 3months I can get the dole....

Thanks for all yer help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get two jobs if you need the money! People pulling this type of S*** taking my bloody tax money are scam artists. hope you dont get into college!

you should pimp your body while your at it for the weekend, more cash for you...:rolleyes:

Business is quite these days tho.........

listermint wrote: »
    Get two jobs if you need the money! People pulling this type of S*** taking my bloody tax money are scam artists. hope you dont get into college!

I have two jobs by the way (both cash in hand)....And I know for a fact I'll get into college, jus ta let ya know!

I have two jobs by the way (both cash in hand)....And I know for a fact I'll get into college, jus ta let ya know!

not if ya get caught sweetcheeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Sound thats all I needed to know, perfect so in 3months I can get the dole....

Thanks for all yer help!!

Nope, you can't. You won't have paid any prsi.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    not if ya get caught sweetcheeks ;)

There is no possible way I can get caught......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement