Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole....??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

So this is where my tax goes - A social sponge. Welfare is for people who genuinely need it - Not for people who have jobs. You're a disgrace. The fact that you'd advertise this publically shows that you have no self-respect whatsoever. Did your parents bring you up to leech off the common person? What does that say about them as people..

If everyone in Ireland was like you, there would be no dole, no anything. Just a third world country. Get a grip and give back to society. Just because you've worked for 2 years doesn't mean you can suck the system dry. I can't wait to see you when you're 50 - You'll be drinking flaggens of linden village, sitting on park benches with the rest of the winos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 leaving cert 08

Excuse me what ya know bout me.....fukn nuthin!!
    I have been employed since I was 16 part-time and full time all through TY, I have been paying tax for the past year.
    Now I have 2different jobs that are Cash in Hand, working all thru the leaving and I betcha I'll get unreal points unlike ye lot on this who probably get everything handed to them on a silver fukn platter!! Just sponge of Mammy and Daddy!!!

And there is no way you can get caught it is soo easy to bluff them!! And I m tellin ya know after my 3years of college are over I'll have my own business under me.....so I wont be sleepin in no streets!!

Oh lord i think the poor girls deluded...too much study seems to have gone to her head:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shanedownfall

To everyone calling this girl a thieve or similar, in fairness this really isn't the case. There is a very high likelihood that galwaygirl will be paying taxes herself someday (actually she said she already has). And undoubtedly this will be more than she ever manages to get from the dole office.

So technically she is simply lowering the amount of tax she will have to pay. While she may be doing this by illegal means, it's basically the same thing as bono and other artists being exempt from tax. (Before anyone says it, i don't mean it's the same thing. But it's the same idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

NEWS JUST IN

Its now official. I think thats...... yes.....yes thats everyone in the country has now abused this retarded sponge of a human being and although she deserves it..........

.........Acutally never mind, its still hilarious.

To everyone calling this girl a thieve or similar, in fairness this really isn't the case. There is a very high likelihood that galwaygirl will be paying taxes herself someday (actually she said she already has). And undoubtedly this will be more than she ever manages to get from the dole office.

So technically she is simply lowering the amount of tax she will have to pay. While she may be doing this by illegal means, it's basically the same thing as bono and other artists being exempt from tax. (Before anyone says it, i don't mean it's the same thing. But it's the same idea)

Yes, it is the case. She is stealing. Tax is used to keep the country going - to invest back into it. Not to invest back into her pocket. Don't apologise for that leech. She's out of school a heartbeat and wants to already con the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Do you even understand why people pay tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Finally we have discovered the real culprit, Bono! :rolleyes:

1109_bono_in_africa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Her name's Edwina.. and is now reported for tax evasion :pac:

PrivateEye wrote: »
    If the Leaving goes tits-up, I'd just redo it myself to be honest- before even asking about the Dole

In my old school, if you did badly in the leavin, the "career guidance" suggested the dole over repeating.. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shanedownfall

yes i do no what tax is for! i'm hoping for an A1 in economics so i really should. In fairness, i added that because some posts were saying "that's what i'm paying my tax for" and the likes. In reality she'll pay more tax to the state than she will ever con them out of.

I also blame bono! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tellox wrote: »
    Her name's Edwina.. and is now reported for tax evasion :pac:

That's an awful name, do her parents not like her either?! :D
    yes i do no what tax is for! i'm hoping for an A1 in economics so i really should. In fairness, i added that because some posts were saying "that's what i'm paying my tax for" and the likes. In reality she'll pay more tax to the state than she will ever con them out of.

I also blame bono!

Everyone could do that and only con the state out of all their tax bar €1 and make the same claim.
    It wouldn't do the country much good though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Don't you have to WORK for a while before you can claim the dole.

You have to build up a certian number of stamps first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

FFS just saw this thread, thought it was a wind up cant be bothered reading thru all of it but you can tell what kind of person Galway Girl is. Doesnt have a clue what shes talking about, just heard from her mates dat ye get 200 per week, so she was intending to apply for it as soon as she finished the LC.

Good luck in life GalwayGirl, no point in you going to college either as you clearly have no ambition. seriously i know your kind too well - ill bet you your dole money for the week that you will drop out of college within the first year.

Lads, Is it just me or would the fact that a bird is on the dole really make her instantly seem less attractive, regardless of her looks?

*SCENARIO* if you were out one night and you got talking with a stunning bird wouldnt it make her less attractive when you ask her what she does and she replies "ah im just on d scratcher!" :pac:

A girl with no ambition loses 2-3 points instantly.

I found an old quote of hers.
    I'd hate not to work, I'd hate sponging off my parents!!

The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I hear you can get a council house if you get pregnant, you should try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I hear you can get a council house if you get pregnant, you should try that.

:D:D:D

I applaud thee O great maker of witisisms....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

dlofnep wrote: »
    The irony.

well she is more looking to work and get the dole so she would be still working.
    Not to defend her or anything just saying it.

I agree with eveyone else really. I will also point out if you wanted to do it you should have just done it and not told the country. We know the Times looks through here (might be an article on kids wanting to scam the system soon so).
    Well we don't know who else does so if I were you I defiantly would change my situation before its too late.

Now back to worrying about my leaving cert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Take it from someone who works in dept social welfare - she will be given chances to gain employment and if she doesnt take them and prove shes actively seeking work, she loses her 185.80 a week (not 200)a week. Post offices (where dole is paid out) have suspicion forms for EVERYTHING. When she comes in every week laden down with shopping bags she'll be reported. If someone is caught for things like this they usually have to pay at least 75% of what they received back and they are given a time frame in which to do this before they are prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Ok you dont want to sponge of ur mum and dad? ok

You dont want to take money of your parents?

ok i get ya .

but wouldnt you be gettin the money off the same place anyway?

Like im assuming they get the dole n all

but then again 2 incomes is temptin:p

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

Ah Galwaygirl - the future is in safe hands I see. No wait.... we're all knackered.