Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music!

Options
  • 11-06-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

It's my only exam left...and I'm wondering what you guys think will be the main question? Do you think the melody/ backing chords will be minor or major? It's pretty easy, I know. But since I have a week to prepare, I actually should be prepared! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

Mozart was the last of ours to come up as the long question. So hopefully it'll be The Beatles (because they're brilliant) or Seachanges (because you just need to write about his gimmicks).

I don't think there's any way to predict whether the harmony and melody will be major or minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 *pda

ohh god..does anyone know of anywhere on the internet that's good for notes on Irish music, etc? I did really badly in the long question in irish music in the mocks. I also seem to have lost all my notes. I've never been able to take it seriously as a subject even tho it's one f my worst...relying on my practical to bring up my grade!! Seachanges seems a good bet for the long question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Stevieo

Apparently Deane's looking hot for the long question...aside from running around the country exerting his pretentiousness on us poor students, he's never come up since he's been on the course! For a man of his personality, I reckon he's up in arms about that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

*pda wrote: »
    ohh god..does anyone know of anywhere on the internet that's good for notes on Irish music, etc? I did really badly in the long question in irish music in the mocks. I also seem to have lost all my notes. I've never been able to take it seriously as a subject even tho it's one f my worst...relying on my practical to bring up my grade!! Seachanges seems a good bet for the long question.

Are you talking about the written Irish music question on the listening paper??

If so that's only worth 10 marks and I certainly wouldn't worry about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dranahs89

DOES ANYONE IN MEATH DUBLIN AREA FREE MONDAY/TUESDAY TO GIVE ME A 1 HOUR GRIND,ON MELODY COMPOSITION AND HARMONY,WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT IT. I WILL PAY THEM THANKS. P.M. ME

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

Oh no please not Deane.

Well, my music teacher keeps on saying that there is 90% chance that there will either be a minor melody or a minor backing chords...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I hope they don't throw in an upbeat again.

Sean nós would be loverly for the Irish essay. :D

Advertisement