Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 5.1 and only 3 speakers working + no windows sounds

• 11-06-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi..

I just reinstalled the latest realtek 4.04 drivers, still no good..

Got myself a nice little 5.1 speaker system for my PC (ultron sonic cubes)

I am new to this whole thing so maybe I am making a mistake..

I connected up all the + and - wires perfectly..
    Then I connected the 3 main connections..
    1. Yellow C/SW (subwoofer) Connected to "CW/SUB" on the PC side - Works perfect

2. Black S Connected to black "REAR" on the PC side - Works perfect

but

3. Connected the Green F to green "side" and there is just no sound coming from either of the FR or FL speakers

So to sum it up, sub, both rear and the centre speaker are working fine, the front left and front right are not working at all.

Ontop of that..

I have onboard sound, but I know it is 5.1, I obviously have all the connections and the latest realtek sound drivers 4.04.

Anything in VLC or windows media player comes out fine.. but windows itself is silent, the system sounds have gone, no startup sound, no browser sound (youtube)..

Any idea what this might be or how to solve it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

Just wondering - did you perhaps connect the front ones to the 'side' speakers of a 7.1 (as opposed to a 5.1) card? Is there another connection for "fl/fr" or "front" or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maghenderson

hi there' if all your sound is corect and the sound from your window is not working and youtube as well that because you the sound is mainly in mono or surround sound in the first place so you mighting hear it

the only thing to get the whole 6 speakers is to do a check sound with them by trying all the leads to one sound and gonig from there it's a long shot but it might work

Advertisement