Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Network problem

Options
  • 11-06-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Home Network problem
    Ok I have two computers running Vista (Ultimate and Home Premium) . Ones a desktop ,the other a laptop. The Desktop can go in and access my laptop's files. But the laptop cant access the desktop. It gives me this error message:
    [URL="file://\\ PC"]\\ PC[/URL] is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: user account restriction.Possibe reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.
    I've went into Network so many times and checked all the settings. They're all identical. I've also read the help files and none of that got me anywhere obviously. All files and dloders are shared.....

So to reiterate: Both computers can see one another, desktop can access the laptop, laptop can't access the desktop.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭allybhoy

hmm can be a load of things to be honest. Try these for starters and then get back, im logging off soon so probly b 2moro by the time I get back to you.

Google how to check these if your not sure.

1. make sure that you are an administrator on both machines
    2. make sure file and print sharing is enabled on both computers
    3. make sure both machines are in the same workgroup.
    4. make sure you are using the same username on both machines.
    5. make sure you are using the same password on both machines.
    6. Turn off both firewalls just to test it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Actually try this article step by step, I know its xp and vista, but if you do the same thing for vista on both machines it should help you!

rinky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

got it man, thanks. It turned out that i needed to have both administrators names the same on both computers. (i also didn't have exactly the same settings in Network and sharing Centre) :o

Good lad, thanks again

Advertisement