Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would I be mad ?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Having looked at the usual suspects for company car- Mondeo, Passat, etc , none tick all the boxes.

what about a Seat altea XL 140 DSG?

I had a 99 Toledo 110 for three years with little or no trouble.

Depriecation wont be a factor because its a company car.

What do you think?

RT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Having looked at the usual suspects for company car- Mondeo, Passat, etc , none tick all the boxes.

What do you think?

RT

Nice and comfy
    I think thee is something along the lines of a "Rebel" version of it as well with some extras :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

What do you think?

RT

I wasn't talking to you today by any chance? Spent 20 minutes on to a customer and the Altea XL is on the list of cars requested - you wouldn't see that too often.

I had an Altea XL 2.0TDi over the weekend as a Rental Car. Damn thing is huge and felt a touch cumbersome in tight spaces as I wasn't sure where the corners were.

Not sure what spec it was. Cruise Control, Climate Control etc. Had Red Dee Red Eye badging on so may even possible be the 170 version. Feckin' Rocket Ship I tell you ;) Seriously, more than enough to keep up (or pass) UK motorway traffic on the M6. DSG version probably even better. I've driven that combo in the Passat and there is instant surge when you put your foot down.

With the cost coming down, I think you'd be mad not to consider it. Just take a test drive in it first to make sure you are comfortable with the dimensions (I've driven a good number of larger cars without the same feeling) and driving position. Motorway cruising was fine, but the brake pedal seemed too close to the seat compared to the accelerator, so was a bit uncomfortable for driving in town.

Advertisement