Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was it Bad Petrol is My car Dying

• 11-06-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

I have a 2000 1.6 Nissan and 3 days ago I decided to support the new petrol station opened up locally in Nenagh Co. Tipperary, they are 4 cent cheaper, I suppose to attract business. They are a very new Gas company in Ireland as far as I know. I don't want to mention brands as I am not sure if you are allowed and if I am I will reply with brand. But 2 days after I filled up. The car has become VERY slugish and in idle drops to 500 rpms and barly ticks over. I haven't topped up with other brand yet as not sure what to do. It could be bad petrol but you would expect that it would affect others or it could just be bad timing and my car need a visit to the doctor.
    Any ideas would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can you even tell the location in Nenagh, am from the area and interested to know?
    Esso in Gortlandroe were cheapest for ages, used to have massive queues.

Don't know this new station

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Yes it's on the N7 and used to be a shell garage.
    I dought that it's bad petrol but you never know if there miht be someone else out there with same problem.

Fill up and see if you get same problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Across the road from the swimming pool?
    Interesting, will check it out.......once we confirm that they don't sell bad petrol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

im no certainly mechanic but a long motorway and a heavy right foot might enlightin you more :D

Yes thats the one!! opposite the swimming pool.

Tried the lead foot and she moves fine (for a Nissan 1.6) Idle is just very shakey. no smoke or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I got diesel there on Friday last, all ok but was nearly half full so it is well diluted .. just topped up , tempted by the good price

Mine was close to empty so got a full tank. It's prob just my car and a coincidence. Anyone know how to get petrol checked?

Half Tank and filled up with Maxol no difference. Next stop My Mechenic

Advertisement