Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2008

Options
  • 11-06-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

what pubs are the crowd going to for these games. city seems to be dead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Skeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was in the Living Room playing the token paddy during the Germany v Poland match. It was great fun except the Germans had to go and win :(.

I wouldn't watch a match in the King's Head if I was paid. Between the bands that insist on leaving their gear setup obscuring part of the big screen or setting their gear up while a game is still on obscuring even more of the screen, the rotten beer from the taps and the ignorant bar staff. it adds up very quickly to an experience I can safely do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

malice_ wrote: »
    Between the bands that insist on leaving their gear setup obscuring part of the big screen or setting their gear up while a game is still on obscuring even more of the screen,

I don't see how that's the band's fault :confused: Blame the staff or the manager but the band have to get setup on time or they don't get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    I don't see how that's the band's fault :confused: Blame the staff or the manager but the band have to get setup on time or they don't get paid
    You're right it's not the bands fault, but it still adds to the frustrating experience. I've spoken to two different managers about their entertainment priorities and one summed it up by saying that she hates football and football fans and if she had her way she wouldn't have the games on at all in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

malice_ wrote: »
    You're right it's not the bands fault, but it still adds to the frustrating experience. I've spoken to two different managers about their entertainment priorities and one summed it up by saying that she hates football and football fans and if she had her way she wouldn't have the games on at all in there.

Isn't she great. Just for that now, i'll take my business elsewhere if I wanna see a match in the pub.

If you see that one again, tell her from me that I think she's a gobsh1te.

Pubs are not in a postition to be turning business away like that, and if she thinks that they are...

Advertisement