Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

95 euro change on eircom bill

Options
  • 11-06-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

I discovered on my latest bill a charge for 95 euros from eircom for "equipment".

For over a year i had been paying for 2 mb and only recieving one, excellent line stats, clearly thier fault.

They sent out 2 incapable engineers last feb followed by another in april and as i tryed to explain to them my router homepage clearly shows 1 mb as max allowed speed , there faces went blank, they didnt understand a thing.

Apparently the 95 euro charge is for the "work" they did. They didnt do anything except listen to me telling them the problem lies at the exchange, im not connected to the proper package, "heres the number for the technical department ring them, theres nothing we can do" <- This went on and on and on

Another joke from eircon

to think it was THERE fault i wasnt getting 2 mb all along because of THERE stupidity and charge ME 95 euros, aswell as the extra money per month iv been paying for the 2mb. Absurd.

Im on 2mb now one of them sorted it out saying it was a prob in the exchange all along, how surprising.
    /me calls eircom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

eircom customer care number: 1800200481
    call them, make a complaint, kick up a fuss, and demand compensation for the failure of the previous engineers not being capable of doing their job, the subsequent overcharging for the product you were paying for (assuming you weren't paying 1mb prices) and not receiving due to a fault on their side. if you only get a month off your bb, at least it's something. Personally I'd take the months from when the first engineer was sent out to the month it was fixed, subtract the cost of 1 mb and demand that be reimbursed, take a bit extra for hassle.

write your experience down on paper, and make short, key points out of it when talking to complaint staff / management.

in fairness to the engineers, they may only be trained to test lines, install etc... but that's not your fault

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If Eircom have billed you for 'equipment' ask them for details of the equipment you are being charged for. Request this information in writing.

They cannot list 'equipment' on a bill and say that effectively it is labour charges.

Be methodical about this. Pay your bill minus the equipment charges and write to them telling that you will not be paying for the equipment are you are in correspondence with them about it.

Did Eircom give you any indication when they sent out the Engineers that there would be a charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hi, no there was no indication of the charge.

They told me over the phone if work had to be done on the line or something had to be replaced i would be charged and i told them i accepted that

I phoned them earlier and there looking into it

Advertisement