Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in the exam - heres a grey area

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Has anyone here cheated in the LC?

yeah, so if anyone looses out on a place in chemical engineering in CIT, or may be biochemistry in UCC, or commerece and german

oh well :), hope you enjoy ur second choices

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

salman85 wrote: »
    yeah, so if anyone looses out on a place in chemical engineering in CIT, or may be biochemistry in UCC, or commerece and german

oh well :), hope you enjoy ur second choices

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

hahahah legend....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

armbruster wrote: »

A guy in our year is "dislexic".

Is it you? Dyslexic

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Is it you? Dyslexic

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rob-a-tron

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Has anyone here cheated in the LC?
    Heard of a guy last year doin his art or history exam cant remember which, went to go toilet and rang a museum saying he was a college student doing a project and he needed info on whoever so could they tell him all the important stuff he needs to know. The 5th yr supervising him didnt care. Thought that was a savage idea!!! Then when he hung up said "Cheers mate you've jus done my exam for me"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Small wireless earpieces can be easily obtained now. If you have a friend sitting same exam who leaves exam early(register for an exam that he/she does'nt need to sit for matriculation/cao points ) he/she can get answers and transmit the information to your earpiece quite discretley from outside exam hall. This has definetly happened in exams in republic of ireland.
    Also if you had a small camera in a pen to image the exam paper and broadcast the image to an accomplice outside he/she could send information to your earpiece. Blockers will have to be installed in years to come.

i heard this 'earpiece' kinda story happend in sum other countries///wasnt sure was it japan or china..somewhere there.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The earpiece thing could be very very easily done, especially with the girls with longer hair to hide it. Put a tiny camera in a pen, or on a pair of glasses, route the signal through the internet, especially if in a wireless enabled school, and someone sitting outside the door doing a supervisior role could look the stuff up on the net or some friend sitting outside in a car!! Very easy,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cheating is an art, not a flaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Is it you? Dyslexic

Lmao.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

hogey143 wrote: »
    Cheating is an art, not a flaw

Agree totally, cheating is one thing, getting away with it is another!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cuddlesk

if u well coppied about a paragraph off some1 in the jc wud the correcter not notice the cheating and report ya to the dept??

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

The year I did my leaving, somebody sat down the back wearing a pair of thick dark sunglasses. He claimed he wore them because he had problems with his retinas, and the sunglasses prevented too much light entering his eye and giving him headaches.

In reality what was happening was, as soon as his father who was a teacher got his hands on a copy of the paper, he transmitted the answers to the questions via a bluetooth signal to show on a display he had within the glasses. Quite ingenious.

That student went on to get 700 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

It can be done - I know one of the supervisors in out school makes the person outside the door to take down the time that a person leaves to go to the toliet, and the time they came back and their name. In our centre the lads just get up and say that they are going to the toliet, and nothing is said.

It probably won't help that guy, since his dsylexia would hinder him in actually finding the sites, but it could be done!!!

lmao, boreds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Tight Ted wrote: »
    The year I did my leaving, somebody sat down the back wearing a pair of thick dark sunglasses. He claimed he wore them because he had problems with his retinas, and the sunglasses prevented too much light entering his eye and giving him headaches.

In reality what was happening was, as soon as his father who was a teacher got his hands on a copy of the paper, he transmitted the answers to the questions via a bluetooth signal to show on a display he had within the glasses. Quite ingenious.

That student went on to get 700 points.
    :D:D:D james bond style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robc22

seen this class way of cheating on you youtube the other day. now this is james bond style. (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=91lQK5SCzlQ) pretty ingenius.

Advertisement