Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour HATES my cats!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Magpies are the skangers of the bird world, they strike in numbers!
    I love magpies, they are one of the most intelligent and cheekiest of all Irish wild birds, If you can get them young enough from a nest you can train them to talk. :)
    Why spend hundreds on a mynah bird?.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Magpies are the skangers of the bird world, they strike in numbers!

So true.........this lot have taken residence nearby and actually pull the cats tails so one or two of their number can steal the food while the cats are busy having nervous breakdowns....:D

actually pull the cats tails
    Speaking of, you have to look at this one :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYBu4T8NUWc

Speaking of, you have to look at this one :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYBu4T8NUWc

Cats a brill one and so like what happens here,thanks.
    (ps)
    watched it all which is why l am late in replying.:D

I love magpies, they are one of the most intelligent and cheekiest of all Irish wild birds, If you can get them young enough from a nest you can train them to talk. :)
    Why spend hundreds on a mynah bird?.

Dont tempt me ,cause l know a couple of things l would teach them to say to a certain person,
    However: l am not allowed to print them here.;)

• Advertisement

Cats a brill one and so like what happens here,thanks.
    (ps)
    watched it all which is why l am late in replying.:D
    The cat in that vid was extremly dosile and tolerant, my brothers ex had a three legged cat that would have had that magpie for breakfast in two minutes. It was such a problem that my brothers ex had to put a bell on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Sounds like a bored neighbor to me. Is he working at all? Or do our taxes pay nutter's like him to chase cats. You should keep an eye on him and tell him if any harm comes to the cats you will make his life a living hell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I like this vid, esp the Matrix reference

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=l-id0ltrlX4&feature=related

The cat in that vid was extremly dosile and tolerant, my brothers ex had a three legged cat that would have had that magpie for breakfast in two minutes. It was such a problem that my brothers ex had to put a bell on it.

My cats are too well fed,thats the problem because l over compensate with their food,have now started feeding them in the shed,
    and all the magpies sit on the roof (you can almost see that they are trying to work out how to get through the door and back out..........ALIVE.........:D

Sounds like a bored neighbor to me. Is he working at all? Or do our taxes pay nutter's like him to chase cats. You should keep an eye on him and tell him if any harm comes to the cats you will make his life a living hell :D

No ,he is retired.........and if l was partnered up with" THE Great Kali"(sorry Wrestling Reference,no business here)then maybe l would take your advice ,
    Standing well behind The afore mentioned Wrestler.:)

• Advertisement

I like this vid, esp the Matrix reference

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=l-id0ltrlX4&feature=related

Cat was great ,
    Loved the "Cat eats Korea" and "oh no,Not my Car"
    thanks..........DE.........:D

Extremly dosile and tolerant...........
    NOW............
    if only that could apply to my neighbour...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

A friend has her cats secured in the garden with cat proof fencing which she brought in from the usa. That said it should be easy to replicate what she has with steel or wood poles/legs and fencing. The important thing is to have the shape right so that the fencing attached to the top of the wall comes in and over into your own garden. i did a search on google and finally found a site that has a drawing of how the top of the fencing should look for it to work. The search words that should let you see what im on about that are Cat Proof Fencing Dogpages forums
    The picture on the forum is assuming that the garden does not have solid walls because if one has garden walls they will support the top of the fencing if one puts the steel or wooden "arms/rods" securely in place up the wall itself. i hope this makes sense and that you can find the picture, and perhaps wooden stakes/rods may do the job also/better as steel rods may not be available in the right shape?.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hello there. Very tough break on a neighbour like that,
    and although it might be tempting to ignore the aul wretch
    one proper encounter with boiling water could blind a cat.
    I would mention to him that this kind of behaviour is not
    looked on kindly by the ISPCA, install some kind of fence;

(http://www.purrfectfence.co.uk/outdoor_cat_enclosures.asp

(Suppliers in England)

-- and plant the catnip. There's always the chance that
    your mogs will get the picture thanks to his nasty moves,
    but I wouldn't like to leave it to chance. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Just tell him quite simply cruelty is an offence & you're going to the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I would ring the garda and ask them to knock into him with you and tell him that he is intimidating you and that it is illegal to harm a cat. That would stop him being a nosey old pr*ck.
    If anyone did that to my cat, they'd be lucky to get out of it with the same injuries as the cat. I don't think I could control my temper if someone did that to my cat.

I would ring the garda and ask them to knock into him with you and tell him that he is intimidating you and that it is illegal to harm a cat. That would stop him being a nosey old pr*ck.
    If anyone did that to my cat, they'd be lucky to get out of it with the same injuries as the cat. I don't think I could control my temper if someone did that to my cat.

Unfortunatly the garda can do nothing without proof and thats hard to get,as most of the time it happens very quickly.

Can l add while l am here "MY THANKS" to everyone that replied to this Thread.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Unfortunatly the garda can do nothing without proof and thats hard to get,as most of the time it happens very quickly.

This is why as well as doing what you can to keep the cats off the wall I would write him a letter and log a copy of it with the gardai. This would mean if anything did happen you would have a record of this. But if you tell him that you have this logged with the authorities too it may make him think twice about his actions.

This is why as well as doing what you can to keep the cats off the wall I would write him a letter and log a copy of it with the gardai. This would mean if anything did happen you would have a record of this. But if you tell him that you have this logged with the authorities too it may make him think twice about his actions.

Thats some great advice there and have taken it on board.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Your control would have been to keep the cats inside. If you let your cats outdoors, you risks them annoying neighbors(which they are nearly guaranteed to do), and risks them being injured by angry neighbors, dogs, cars, etc.
    Want to solve your problem? Bring them inside. That way you make them your cats, instead of the neighborhood's cats.

WYK
    No,when they were small and wandering everywhere they most probley used every garden,but l had no control over that as they were wild.
    l keep soil regulary turned over now and they use that.:(

• Advertisement

wyk wrote: »
    Your control would have been to keep the cats inside. If you let your cats outdoors, you risks them annoying neighbors(which they are nearly guaranteed to do), and risks them being injured by angry neighbors, dogs, cars, etc.
    Want to solve your problem? Bring them inside. That way you make them your cats, instead of the neighborhood's cats.

WYK

Maybe you didn't read the whole thread but as l said before these cats originally came from a stray cat,who
    although lives with us now(after getting her spayed)it took a whole year to get her to trust us and let us handle her.
    No such luck with the other ones who were never handeled as (the only people to do so were the vets via
    Cats Aid when they caught them in a cage to spay them)and so cant be kept indoors .
    Hope you understand a bit better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

Hi all,
    l need some help here myself.my neighbour keeps trying to poison our cats,and l am at a loss as to what to do.
    l have tried to confront him and got nowhere.
    Because there is no man in our house he seems to think the cats are fair game.They cant even sit on the dividing wall in the back garden because he throws hot water at them.
    lt is making life very unpleasant for me and a nightmare for the cats who came from a stray cat 4 years ago,so they wont come into the house as they are only semi tame. All help gratefully appreciated.:(

:mad: I have the same issue with other peoples cats , pooping on my property, firstly i had bark chipping at the front of my house at the flower bed, and i learned from that , had to go and get stones instead..:mad: some people have no regard for others property.:mad: cats will poop every where but there own garden FACT!...

now that i have found that replacing the bark chipping with stones , i thought problem gone...until this morning i discovered that cats have changed their game plan and are pooping on the back garden grass instead.

im really annoyed, the cats belong to a house a few doors up..

im considering my options, on what to do, ( some not so nice ideas ( for the cat that is) )

the way i see it, if an owner does not have his/her animal under control and lets it ramble around and damage other peoples property , and if a cat contiunually damages property, by peeing and pooping, the cats owner cannot really complain if the cat gets shot/exterminated/ etc...

is there anyone i can complain to, council warden etc?

the solution there for the lad that throws water on the cat is this.

lay a humane trap for the cat.

capture said cat, and transport to nearest animal home. ( some miles away:D)

end of problem. all done in a humane fashion, and no cruelty involved.

solution to cat owner: keep your pets under control , if you cannot do this then maybe pets are not for you....

EIN wrote: »
    the solution there for the lad that throws water on the cat is this.

lay a humane trap for the cat.

capture said cat, and transport to nearest animal home. ( some miles away:D)

end of problem. all done in a humane fashion, and no cruelty involved.

solution to cat owner: keep your pets under control , if you cannot do this then maybe pets are not for you....

Bet you go to Mass and all.
    If you are a Holy Joe then ya best get on your knees
    and start Praying(for your soul)
    No wait.........you dont have one .:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Op, on a side note, keeping wild/stray/feral cats indoors can be done. I've several rescues here that were wild on arrival, one was 7 & they do adapt fine. They might never be lapcats but they do appreciate the indoor comforts.
    I've been dealing with a large colony & a few people here are fostering some of the feral cats for me - all indoors. I also have one from the colony here that gave birth to a litter just after she arrived & I was fully convinced she would never, ever adapt to an indoor life or be happy in the vicinity of a human - she's passed out on a pile of clean clothes beside me as I type. Her kittens are as feral as I am.;)
    Most of the cats that have passed through here have been labelled feral or ex domesticated strays, I've yet to rehome one to an outdoor home.

EIN, I can't reply to your post as I do try to be civil.

EIN wrote: »
    :mad: I have the same issue with other peoples cats , pooping on my property, firstly i had bark chipping at the front of my house at the flower bed, and i learned from that , had to go and get stones instead..:mad: some people have no regard for others property.:mad: cats will poop every where but there own garden FACT!...

now that i have found that replacing the bark chipping with stones , i thought problem gone...until this morning i discovered that cats have changed their game plan and are pooping on the back garden grass instead.

im really annoyed, the cats belong to a house a few doors up..

im considering my options, on what to do, ( some not so nice ideas ( for the cat that is) )

the way i see it, if an owner does not have his/her animal under control and lets it ramble around and damage other peoples property , and if a cat contiunually damages property, by peeing and pooping, the cats owner cannot really complain if the cat gets shot/exterminated/ etc...

is there anyone i can complain to, council warden etc?

Do you really believe that you are civil .....(EIN)
    Civil,just not a very nice human being.
    Your post speaks for itself.

Can l just add that if EIN takes the time to read the whole Thread he will see that the cats ...Dont....poop in my neighbours garden ,he just hates Cats.
    Also you are wrong about them not pooping in their own garden ,as
    they use my garden as l keep soil freshly turned over.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

SharpshooterH, I sypmathise with your problem. I would be horrified if someone tried to harm my pet.

However cats don't belong to just one house, they belong to an area. So a decision to have 3 cats doesn't just effect your life, it effects your immediate neighbours too. If my neighbour decided to get 3 cats and I had no dog, I wouldn't be pleased. It would be impossible to keep them out of my garden.

Any readers who are considering getting a couple of cats, please consult your immediate neighbours. You might avoid the OP's present problems.

its not being a nice person letting cats crap in other peoples gardens.
    cats go out of their way to poop anywhere but their own gardens.

people shouldnt have to put up with this, as there are health issues involved.

its not being very civil letting an animal wander around unsupervised. some people have no respect for other people's property..

• Advertisement

Advertisement