Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valve Extensions

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

I just picked up a pair of 52mm carbon wheels,clinchers,having a little trouble with the tubes.I have tubes with 60mm valves they just about allow me to pump them up with a track pump,if i puncture i know ill be in trouble ,anyone any experience of valve extenders or any recommendations for tubes etc,thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Yip - but only with tubulars. On good tubs the value screws off allowing you to add a proper extender.

With clinchers I tghink you are talking about the Zipp screw on ones.

Any decent bike shop will have them*

*I only know of two decent bike shops in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I saw this one in Cycleogical a couple of days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Thanks for the info lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

i have one for my wheels... you'll get it in any decent shop... its just a valve extender. you screw it on when you need to use track pump etc and it opens the value and then use away and then take it off when you done... Real easy

Advertisement