Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what do you think

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Went to see a car in a dealers on Sat last liked it and agreed to buy it and left 300E deposit it was a jap import and he was to register it and valet etc went out this evening to pick it up and there was a bad mark on the Front bumper My Daughter was with me and we both said thats new

I am sure the dealer saw us looking at ti through the window because when I went in I said theres a mark on the car that was not on it last Saturday

He never said what mark just immediatly got very defensive and said any mark on it was on it last sat But we are 100% Positive it was not and I have pictures so I now refused to take the car as I have lost Trust in the dealer

What do people think

Thanks

Mylesm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

I'd ask him to get the mark sorted, if he doesn't, ask for your deposit back.Failing this, mention the word solicitor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

mylesm wrote: »

He never said what mark just immediatly got very defensive and said any mark on it was on it last sat But we are 100% Positive it was not and I have pictures so I now refused to take the car as I have lost Trust in the dealer

What do people think

Thanks

Mylesm

When ever anyone goes to inexpect a new car you look at every angle with a microscope so i am sure you would have noticed the mark last week, plus you have photos to prove it. I would look for the bumper to be replaced or get another €300 of the price and replace it yourself or ask for the deposit back.

If you have photos of the bumper, get them blown up and show the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If it were me I would insist on getting a replacement car.. You did want to buy a new car ..Yes?? not a repaired one..NO..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

vectra wrote: »
    If it were me I would insist on getting a replacement car.. You did want to buy a new car ..Yes?? not a repaired one..NO..!!
    It's an import.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

esel wrote: »
    It's an import.

DOH...!! :pac:

Missed that one.
    Then i would insist on proffesional repair or else a refund.
    Looking at the dealers attitude towards the buyer then a refunde would be on order :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement