Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B and B's in Wexford

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi All,

Heading to a wedding in Wexford
    looking for a b&b near the Talbot hotel

any suggestions ??

- Elfman

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Might not be the best website in terms of design.. but it might be somewhat useful:

http://www.wexfordtourism.com/

Locals will know more about it then me tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Hi there, I'm not 100% sure of whether there is a B&B right near the Talbot but fyi the Talbot is on the Quay to the east of the town (near Trinity Street, William Street and Parnell Street - there is a place called the Faythe Guesthouse (or similar that is around the corner from there) - very easy walking distance.

If you find a particular place and want advice as to it;s location let us know and someone will come back to you.....best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

There's a B&B on Barrack Street, beside the The Pike pub - I've completely forgotten the name of it but it's grand and literally 30 seconds walk from the back entrance to the Talbot. If I'm passing I'll note the name and let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

only negative I could give about barrack street is there has been a bit of trouble recently around distillery road area - I'm not sure of the pubs reputation but I wouldn;t say it;s one of the most welcoming in the area either

anyone know what the pike is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

snellers wrote: »
    only negative I could give about barrack street is there has been a bit of trouble recently around distillery road area - I'm not sure of the pubs reputation but I wouldn;t say it;s one of the most welcoming in the area either

anyone know what the pike is like?

The name of the B&B is Dooley's.

The Pike probably is more of a local's bar rather than somewhere you'd recommend to a visitor but I've never heard anything negative about it either.

Somebody going to a wedding is likely to be returning to the B&B well after the pub has closed and is unlikely to be much bothered by noise or encounter much worse than people heading home after a night on the town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement