Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend in galway city

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I am planning a (hen) weekend away for 12 - 15 ladies to Galway at the end of June. I would apppreciate any suggestions for the following;
    1. Best place to go on Saturday Night (night club)
    2. Any suggestions for during the day
    3. Recommended restaurants
    Most of the girls are travelling frm London.

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Thanks, K:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If this was a stag, I'd expect a Twirleys reply by now. As its a hen, I await the first "party in my pants" post... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Hi, for Hens (*shuddder*, sorry) CPs (Central Park) is probably the night club place. Halo for older people.

Any of the pubs in Shop Street or Eyre Square will be good. For cocktails, go to The Living Room on Cross street (there's a taxi rank right opposite that then), or The Skeff in Eyre Square.

Some of the best food joints are pretty small, so I'd recommend McSwiggans or The Skeff for eating. Unless you want to split into smaller groups and go into whatever eatery your feet carry you too - there are lots and they're pretty nice!

During the day, I dunno... Walk the Prom in Salthill, or around the grounds of the University? Take a bus tour of the city. Feed the swans in the Claddagh. Admire the Cathedral. Take in a play at the Taibhdhearc or the Town Hall Theatre. The Roisín Dubh or Massimo usually have good music. If it's Saturday, go through the market and buy some food! Shop?! If ye're too tired for anything the best cinema is the Eye Cinema in Wellpark, and you can pop into the G hotel for a nice coffee and admire the décor. Though I'm not a spa-goer, there are plenty of them around. There's also your regular Bowling, Pool, Karting entertainment centres around the place if you're dead bored. ;)

Wooo, I should do some of this stuff! Have Fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Zzippy wrote: »
    If this was a stag, I'd expect a Twirleys reply by now. As its a hen, I await the first "party in my pants" post... :pac:

Is Twirely's what was Pi? What happened to it? Pi was so ****e it was fun! And free!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 caitlinoh

Halo doesn't allow hen parties into their club so I'd say go with CP's. Definitely McSwiggan's for food if you have a big crowd. Loads of spas, salons, girlie stuff available during the day, try the Radisson Spirit One Spa or Absolute Spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

pics or gtfo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

went to McSwiggans with a stag crowd almost 2 years ago. the place is very nice and staff were sound but to be honest they were a rip off...they charged extra if you wanted something as basic as some veg with your dinner!
    I ordered the steak and that's all I got, literally some meat on a plate...spuds etc was extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Has club pi on shop street changed its name or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

th g hotel for cocktails but make sure you bring the credit card.it aint cheap. Tosh, eyre square also good for cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kerriexxx

Thanks for replies !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

moomoo2007 wrote: »
    Has club pi on shop street changed its name or what?

it's now a gay & lesbian bar and nightclub carld twirleys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Zzippy wrote: »

How about the party in my pants!!!? seriously though I'm not in the best of shape but if you need entertainment for a night I'll do just about anything for a cup of tea and bag of cheese and Onion...Tayto not that Walkers ****e

Advertisement