Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA X Cup

• 11-06-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Ive read some spoilers for Impact 19/06(and obviously wont post them) and seen there was a x cup match.Ive also searched Tna`s website and cant see any info on it.

SO can anyone give me an exact date of when this starts?
    I know ill have to record two hours of tna but surely this will be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Starts on this week's Impact. Two matches I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Fozzy wrote: »
    Starts on this week's Impact. Two matches I think

Cheers Fozzy, you'd think there would be fanfare and @ least a mention of it on their site.

Oh, there is a mention of it on the Impact preview, last paragraph. It says that it's only a preview match that they're having and that the actual Cup hasn't started yet

Oh, there is a mention of it on the Impact preview, last paragraph. It says that it's only a preview match that they're having and that the actual Cup hasn't started yet

Ah i see, thank god for that i thought tna had really gone to the dogs and failed to hype the x cup.

I know it was on around the summer normally but heard about delays, best keep an eye out on the wrestling sites from now onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

First qualifying match for Team UK happens on Friday in Liverpool with Doug Williams facing an as yet unnamed opponent

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This should be epic under Vince Russo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Won't it just Rovert

EdK wrote: »
    First qualifying match for Team UK happens on Friday in Liverpool with Doug Williams facing an as yet unnamed opponent

I wonder who'll win...

I wonder who'll win...

From what ive seen id say usa or tna or whatever there calling them, mmg says it all :cool:

Won't it just Rovert

Classic Vince Russo on Mexican and Japanese wrestling:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQT2O8d50M

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    From what ive seen id say usa or tna or whatever there calling them, mmg says it all :cool:

I meant in the Doug Williams vs ? match, but I think Team TNA should win unless they're planning to keep some other team around

I meant in the Doug Williams vs ? match, but I think Team TNA should win unless they're planning to keep some other team around

Ah sorry read that wrong so.

I heard Williams being mentioned to be in it before, so i assume this "qualifier" is just an angle to build interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Wasnt there 1 a few years ago wit a purely UK team?would be cool to see more English or even an Irish guy on it

Wasnt there 1 a few years ago wit a purely UK team?would be cool to see more English or even an Irish guy on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Britain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

rovert wrote: »
    Classic Vince Russo on Mexican and Japanese wrestling:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQT2O8d50M

You do realise that was a work, right? No, of course you don't.

Why turn a topic about the promising and exciting X Cup into an irrelevant Bash Russo Thread? Vinnie Ru has never, ever affected the work-rate of TNA's performers either on TV or on PPV; he may have confined these bouts within silly contexts etc. but ultimately I'm sure everyone can agree that despite Russo's inane booking TNA is THE mainstream North American promotion to watch from an in-ring stand-point. You're as bad as the morons who chanted "Fire Russo!" at Sacrifice even though a) the angle got Roxi massively over as a face and b) the segment wasn't even booked by Russo in the first place!

You clearly dont know ,Russo is to blame for everything (even if is hasnt happened yet)

2 of his latest wacky angles are the Lisbon Treaty and to rise the price of oil every day

You do realise that was a work, right? No, of course you don't

WRONG that was playing off a legitmatie interview he made befire entering the WCW and he says the exact same thing on his shoot interview. Not to mention the same quotes were used in court against him and will be again it seems. They stemed from a context outside of Wrestling television.
    Why turn a topic about the promising and exciting X Cup into an irrelevant Bash Russo Thread?

He cant book a tournemnet thats why and has a low opinion of smaller wrestlers. Not mention loves making things way too complex than they should be.
    Vinnie Ru has never, ever affected the work-rate of TNA's performers either on TV or on PPV; he may have confined these bouts within silly contexts etc.

etc hmmmm....
    but ultimately I'm sure everyone can agree that despite Russo's inane booking TNA is THE mainstream North American promotion to watch from an in-ring stand-point.

No, large numbers of people are turning off because of it.
    You're as bad as the morons who chanted "Fire Russo!" at Sacrifice even though a) the angle got Roxi massively over as a face and b) the segment wasn't even booked by Russo in the first place!

Russo is a by word for bad wrestling, totally undeserved right? How could you not feeling sympathy for a woman who is bleeding while she is getting her head shaved. She got over becuase people thought she got exploited.

EdK wrote: »
    You clearly dont know ,Russo is to blame for everything (even if is hasnt happened yet)

Im just a skeptic about him and his outlook

Not his fault but TNA's travel department will **** up going by tradition (travel arrangements, visas etc.) Im not going to get excited until the teams are in the IMPACT! zone.

WRONG that was playing off a legitmatie interview he made befire entering the WCW and he says the exact same thing on his shoot interview. Not to mention the same quotes were used in court against him and will be again it seems. They stemed from a context outside of Wrestling television.

Thats not WRONG at all, the interview was a work, Russo was playing heel to get his S.E.X. faction over. That the interview may have been based on his real opinions doesn't change the fact that he interview was scripted and you look like a tool (as usual) for posting it.
    He cant book a tournemnet thats why and has a low opinion of smaller wrestlers. Not mention loves making things way too complex than they should be.

I really don't think Russo has that attitude towards cruisers anymore anyway. He made it his personal mission in 2003 to get AJ Styles over as a main-eventer, while Low Ki and Chris Daniels were heavily pushed as part of Sports Entertainment Xtreme.
    etc hmmmm....

Is that a reply?
    No, large numbers of people are turning off because of it.

and the peolple who stay do so for the world class action. Watch this month's Slammiversary, or better yet watch Lockdown. Absolutely great wrestling action on display there.
    Russo is a by word for bad wrestling, totally undeserved right? How could you not feeling sympathy for a woman who is bleeding while she is getting her head shaved. She got over becuase people thought she got exploited.

Doesn't change the fact that Russo didn't book it! And if Roxi was only getting over because people thought she was being exploited, then how do you explain how over The Beautiful People have been in recent weeks?

All in all I'm no fan of Russo, his booking in WCW speaks for itself. However, he is not the anti-christ he is made out to be by the people that worship Alvarez. Take a look at TNA in the 2002 period, pre-Russo. The company completely lacked an identity, and more importantly, a direction. Russo provided both these things when he took over the book thanks to his booking of the SEX faction versus Jeff Jarret and the NWA traditionalists. Since then TNA has had its ups and downs, both with and without Russo. In the past year, up until recently, TNA has been the pits as far as long-term booking goes and indeed the way its main draws are presented. But Russo cannot be held entirely accountable for this. What people forget is that it is Jarret, not Russo, whom is the head booker of TNA. Basically, Jarret decides on the storylines, feuds, characters etc. and then Russo puts these into TV format. Hence, the "Fire Russo" chants are both unfair and redundant, peaking in their stupidity at Sacrifice.

Moreover, much of TNA's problems have been rectified; the main feuds have turned serious, while even the comedy division, or the X division, has been given much credibility thanks the the stellar efforts of new champ Petey Williams and his rival Kaz.

Thats not WRONG at all, the interview was a work, Russo was playing heel to get his S.E.X. faction over. That the interview may have been based on his real opinions doesn't change the fact that he interview was scripted and you look like a tool (as usual) for posting it.

Your opening here and then your conclusion on me makes no sense considering what have posted prior to that. Total nonsense.
    Doesn't change the fact that Russo didn't book it! And if Roxi was only getting over because people thought she was being exploited, then how do you explain how over The Beautiful People have been in recent weeks

Due to the actions of The Beautiful People in recent weeks, Im guessing?
    Take a look at TNA in the 2002 period, pre-Russo. The company completely lacked an identity, and more importantly, a direction.

Russo was working for TNA at the very beginning, actually.
    Moreover, much of TNA's problems have been rectified; the main feuds have turned serious, while even the comedy division, or the X division, has been given much credibility thanks the the stellar efforts of new champ Petey Williams and his rival Kaz.

Petey Williams mini-me look isnt that of a credible Champ.

• Advertisement

Your opening here and then your conclusion on me makes no sense considering what have posted prior to that. Total nonsense.

Whats nonsense is posting a worked-interview to back up your point.

Due to the actions of The Beautiful People in recent weeks, Im guessing?

Like costing Roxi the match in which she had to get her head shaved? Exactly. You really shouldn't comment on TNA if you don't follow the product; it makes you look like an idiot.

Russo was working for TNA at the very beginning, actually.

No, he wasn't.
    Petey Williams mini-me look isnt that of a credible Champ.

Yes, being associated with one of the most over men in the company (Steiner) if doing nothing for him :rolleyes:. Besides, I was refering to his match with Kaz at Slammiversary. Serious, intense, exciting, this is everything the X Division should be.

Whats nonsense is posting a worked-interview to back up your point. .

I did it because it is funny and I realise that.

You are fine one to post about nonsense considering you posted this:

First of all you say it is not WRONG at all and then in the next line say the interview MAY have based on his real opinion.

Well here is Russo’s original quote to Ben Miller in 1999:

"And the simple reason for that, and I don't want to sound like a big bigot or a racist or anything like that, but I'm an American. If I'm watching wrestling here in America, I don't give a **** about a Japanese guy. I don't give a **** about an Mexican guy. I'm from America, and that's what I want to see."
    Like costing Roxi the match in which she had to get her head shaved? Exactly. You really shouldn't comment on TNA if you don't follow the product; it makes you look like an idiot.

Sigh, how do you know that I don’t watch TNA?
    No, he wasn't.

He was actually; Jerry Jarrett TNA co-owner at the time who confirmed this in his book and elsewhere. So you are wrong.

Yes, being associated with one of the most over men in the company (Steiner) if doing nothing for him :rolleyes:.

Subservient to more like.

I did it because it is funny and I realise that.

You are fine one to post about nonsense considering you posted this:

First of all you say it is not WRONG at all and then in the next line say the interview MAY have based on his real opinion.

Well here is Russo’s original quote to Ben Miller in 1999:

"And the simple reason for that, and I don't want to sound like a big bigot or a racist or anything like that, but I'm an American. If I'm watching wrestling here in America, I don't give a **** about a Japanese guy. I don't give a **** about an Mexican guy. I'm from America, and that's what I want to see."

Sigh, how do you know that I don’t watch TNA?

He was actually; Jerry Jarrett TNA co-owner at the time who confirmed this in his book and elsewhere. So you are wrong.

Subservient to more like.
    Once again you have ignored many of my points as it suits you. My original point was that the interview with Russo that you posted was a work, to which you replied "Wrong", when in fact it was a work.

Now you have ignored my post on how high he has been on cruisers such as AJ Styles etc. You have also ignored my rebuttle on how over The Beautiful People got because they cost Roxi her hair, though thought a simple "sigh" gave you the high ground. Maybe Russo was involved at the start, but at the time TNA maintained he wasn't. You hae also ignored how serious and exciting the Kaz/Williams match at Slammiversary, the serious and exciting developments in the Anlge/Styles feud, and indeed the slow burnig and intruguing Nash/Joe conflict. Oh, and you have also ignored how Russo isn't even the head-booker of TNA. but, I guess you can't argue against all my points since, you know, you're WRONG.

Once again you have ignored many of my points as it suits you. My original point was that the interview with Russo that you posted was a work, to which you replied "Wrong", when in fact it was a work.

Now you have ignored my post on how high he has been on cruisers such as AJ Styles etc. You have also ignored my rebuttle on how over The Beautiful People got because they cost Roxi her hair, though thought a simple "sigh" gave you the high ground. Maybe Russo was involved at the start, but at the time TNA maintained he wasn't. You hae also ignored how serious and exciting the Kaz/Williams match at Slammiversary, the serious and exciting developments in the Anlge/Styles feud, and indeed the slow burnig and intruguing Nash/Joe conflict. Oh, and you have also ignored how Russo isn't even the head-booker of TNA. but, I guess you can't argue against all my points since, you know, you're WRONG.

Nice way to spin things, I only have some much time to argue with you. Im not going to discuss subjective things with you so I just replied to points which can be factually proven which I did.

My original point was that the interview with Russo that you posted was a work, to which you replied "Wrong", when in fact it was a work.

I in fact replied:

This no way implies it was not a work, you are making things up here. If you are going to do this what is the point of talking to you?

PS it aint a maybe on whether Russo was in involved from the start of TNA, he was.

Nice way to spin things, I only have some much time to argue with you. Im not going to discuss subjective things with you so I just replied to points which can be factually proven which I did.

I in fact replied:

This no way implies it was not a work, you are making things up here. If you are going to do this what is the point of talking to you?

PS it aint a maybe on whether Russo was in involved from the start of TNA, he was.

So the fact that you consider Petey Williams uncredible isn't subjective?

And you admit that I wasn't WRONG when I correctly pointed out that the interview you used to back up your point was irrelevant because it was a work?

And you concede that Russo's attitude towards booking the cruisers has changed as the booking of Styles indicates, and that he is not even head-booker of TNA, as neither of these things are subjective?

And since you only have "some much time" to argue with me, why bother to have this argument in the 1st place if you don't have suffient time to meet my points?

Come to think of it, I don't have time for this either. All I was doing was expressing my bemusement at how roverto delibertly turned an optimistic TNA World X Cup thread into a pessimistic, clichéd bash Russo and TNA thread, but in fact all I've done is feed the troll. Shame on me.

And you admit that I wasn't WRONG when I correctly pointed out that the interview you used to back up your point was irrelevant because it was a work?

We are going round in circles here, as Ive written here in this thread I did it in fun. THATS IT!

So the fact that you consider Petey Williams uncredible isn't subjective?

He is in fact subivent look at the on screen realtionship and the fact he is a mini-me.
    And you concede that Russo's attitude towards booking the cruisers has changed as the booking of Styles indicates, and that he is not even head-booker of TNA, as neither of these things are subjective?

And since you only have "some much time" to argue with me, why bother to have this argument in the 1st place if you don't have suffient time to meet my points?

Come to think of it, I don't have time for this either. All I was doing was expressing my bemusement at how roverto delibertly turned an optimistic TNA World X Cup thread into a pessimistic, clichéd bash Russo and TNA thread, but in fact all I've done is feed the troll. Shame on me.

He is in fact subivent look at the on screen realtionship and the fact he is a mini-me

I presume you meant to say "subservient" ( don't worry, spelling usually goes down the drain when one realises one is over one's head). Thats clearly subjective as I feel Williams has gotten a rub from Steiner, though you clearly don't. I certainly find him more entertaining now than I have in years.

That you can't answer any of my other points says it all.

Good day, Roverto, I look forward to your next batch of inane ramblings.

Jaysus i start a thread about when the x cup starts and then this happens :mad:

Not taking anyones side or even reading them posts,can a mod trim this thread so it can continue when the x cup starts?
    Make another thread for the other posts maybe :confused:

Back on topic looking at the results you lads need to track down Xplosions for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Jaysus i start a thread about when the x cup starts and then this happens :mad:

Not taking anyones side or even reading them posts,can a mod trim this thread so it can continue when the x cup starts?
    Make another thread for the other posts maybe :confused:

Ah, it's fine, the conversation seems to be over

Team Mexico didn't get their visas in time so they can't be on any shows until they do

Team Mexico didn't get their visas in time so they can't be on any shows until they do

Ahh, TNA

This is not the first time this has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

It won't be the last either.

Heading to Liverpool tonight for the TNA show tomorrow anyone have any idea where the TNA wrestlers are staying?, trying to seek out AJ Styles so my brother can meet him its all he has been talking about for months?

Just seen the preview match :eek: top quality WRESTLING.
    Now thats what tna could and SHOULD be doing then we would have a real mainstream alternative.

The way it looks ill be tunning in for the world x cup next week if its anything like that match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just seen the preview match :eek: top quality WRESTLING.
    Now thats what tna could and SHOULD be doing then we would have a real mainstream alternative.
    !

+1, quality quality match

• Advertisement
Advertisement