Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2008 - players we could go for

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Thorsten Frings - thought he was immense against poland and even though he is in his thirties he could do a job in the premier league,what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

David Villa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pleasurehead

yes. I think you're right. An average run of the mill player is exactly what we need to make us stand out from the the top four. He will gel quickly with rest of the crap we have and won't cost us too much either. Maybe we should wait til the iron is hot and grab him when he's 33? That'll really show 'em what a force we are to be rekoned with. We could stick him up front with Robbie (drop the bow while i'm firing it) Keane and see how they get on. Exciting times ahead ...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

yes. I think you're right. An average run of the mill player is exactly what we need to make us stand out from the the top four. He will gel quickly with rest of the crap we have and won't cost us too much either. Maybe we should wait til the iron is hot and grab him when he's 33? That'll really show 'em what a force we are to be rekoned with. We could stick him up front with Robbie (drop the bow while i'm firing it) Keane and see how they get on. Exciting times ahead ...
    trolling

all negative rubbish posts, wind up merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

ruiseal wrote: »
    David Villa?

he would be unbelievably good at spurs, just cant see it happenin fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There's no way that a player of Villa's reputation, having scored a hat-trick in his first Euro 2008 game, will be seen at Spurs next season. I'm afraid the same feelings that Eto'o had would be present in Villa if the opportuinity came up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Grosso always impresses me for the Italians. I know we've kind of covered our left side, but he is quality. Van de Vaart would be class as well, but I think both players would be slightly out of our league. One Portuguese player we haven't seen yet that I'd like in Spurs is Veloso, though again, perhaps out of our league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement