Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less than 3 weeks to go.. everyone know what they want next year?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, with 19 days to go for the cao change of mind deadline I was wondering how many people have actually made up their minds?
    Personally Im still lost.. Im stuck between a course in Limerick (Comp eng) and a couple here in Cork.. and I honestly don't have a clue which one Im going to choose.. Just wondering if many are in the same boat. Il throw up a quick poll too sure.

Have you made up your mind? 48 votes

Yes, I know what college course Im doing.
    0% 0 votes
    No, Im lost.
    66% 32 votes
    Im not going through the CAO system.
    33% 16 votes
    Im taking a year out
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm still quite undecided, once I get the last exam out of the way I'll worry about that though, trying to keep focused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Just Don't Know..

Gonna Check Out DIT Next Week..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Science in Ucd

cannot wait till this is over , i get my points and go off to uni
    New begining new start after not so great year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

The Walsho wrote: »
    I'm still quite undecided, once I get the last exam out of the way I'll worry about that though, trying to keep focused.

Yeah Im the same, Im not gonna give it any serious thought until then either (Of course thats not until the 20th with App Math). The only problem for me is that I am half thinking of going to Limerick except its only a recent idea, (ie) no plans, no accomodation booked or anything.. Of course its also possible to end up in a course I don't like then.. Tis a big decision! Points aren't a problem either, Nothing that I want is >500 really. Just need to pick a damn course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

I'm not to sure. Was set for accounting but I don't know if I will get in now (points wise) I have done the CAO and made changes and stuff. I think I just want to take a year out and see what happens. Maybe if I don't get the points, I could apply for a PLC starting Sept 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

LayLay wrote: »
    I'm not to sure. Was set for accounting but I don't know if I will get in now (points wise) I have done the CAO and made changes and stuff. I think I just want to take a year out and see what happens. Maybe if I don't get the points, I could apply for a PLC starting Sept 2009.

They do accounting at DKIT for 300 points if that helps you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

LayLay wrote: »
    Im fairly happy with my choices, basically commerce courses in UCC and UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Stuck between Arts in Galway and Film&Media in Scotland. We'll see how the summer goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

They do accounting at DKIT for 300 points if that helps you

Yes, I know. Thats what I was aiming for 300 points to NCI or DKIT. But I'm just not sure I will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I don't have a clue what I want to do. I have Applied Computing down in WIT as my first choice, but lately I'm doubting if I've made the right decision. I didn't put much thought into my decision and, I've only just turned 17 so it's unlikely I'll be leaving Waterford yet. ...I'll put more thought into it after the exams are over....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Still not entirely sure, thought I was set on maths, but then made a wager with myself and now I've got Theoretical Physics in Trinity down first choice... so probably that! (Assuming it doesn't spike to some mad number of points.)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Gogo TP in trinity, if i dont get points tp in ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I know someone doing TP next year. I'm doing engineering in Trinity. I was thinking of doing Theoretical Physics but theres not really any jobs in it. All you can do is be a researcher, which would be sorta boring for me. and plus the points are a bit high.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm hoping to do get Business Studies and Arts Management in IADT. I'm sure I'm safe points wise. It's my number 1 choice and the lowest points on the list, if everything goes pear shaped I'm screwed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Hoping for Film Studies and German in Trinity...

I thought two weeks ago 435 points was piss, now I've discovered just how wrong I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ashbash

Im not goin tru CAO but i know what i want to do!

Photography in London!

Hope i get in!

=]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 florencexxx

European Studies in TCD - 535
    Computer Science & Linguistics in TCD - 455
    and then a few Law things and Journalism...

...I reaaaaaaally want European Studies but I don't know if I'll get the points...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Peleus wrote: »
    I know someone doing TP next year. I'm doing engineering in Trinity. I was thinking of doing Theoretical Physics but theres not really any jobs in it. All you can do is be a researcher, which would be sorta boring for me. and plus the points are a bit high.
    Sure who needs jobs. I'd guess there's more jobs in TP than in maths, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Primary Teaching(Gaeltacht Applicants) - Mary I
    Commerce - NUIG
    Arts - NUIG
    Liberal Arts - Mary I
    Law & Taxation - LIT

Yeah so basically I want to be a teacher or an accountant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

Science in Galway! I'm alright for the points, just can't wait to get the LC over with!!

I'm the same as the dude above! If i somehow don't get the points I need I'm ****ed because it's got the lowest points on my cao by a fair whack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

i tink i wanna do maths science in UCC. .:eek: NERD i kno!!i hope i get my course!!:):)

Advertisement