Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda

Options
  • 11-06-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Skoda Octavia Scout

Crappie name but 140 bhp and 4 wd plus raised suspension, for 35k a good deal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

35k sounds like a whole lot of a nice VW Golf. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You could get a whole lot of Audi A3 too. Hell you could get a new A4 for that price actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any Bmw's with the vrt reductions lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

How about a Subaru Outback Boxer Diesel for similar money AFAIK...

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/2.0-Boxer/1095626/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »
    You could get a whole lot of Audi A3 too. Hell you could get a new A4 for that price actually.
    Any Bmw's with the vrt reductions lol:D

Feckin' Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW, Audi/Bmw, Audi/BMW...

THIS BOARD IS FECKIN' OBSESSED!!!:eek::rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Hope you copied & pasted here!!! or else there maybe a fear of being sucked in.....:eek:;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

We bought a Skoda Octavia last year from a main dealer and when we went to trade it in this year at the same dealer we were offered pittance, wont buy another Skoda in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    We bought a Skoda Octavia last year from a main dealer and when we went to trade it in this year at the same dealer we were offered pittance, wont buy another Skoda in a hurry.

Whar did you pay?
    what condition/mileage now?
    what were you offered and against what model/price ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...4 wd plus raised suspension...

Do you need that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

man i love the scout!! i love the name too - reminds me of to kill a mockingbird starring mr. peck...

but anyway, that aside - i really do like the scout - if i had a racing car to pull and an actual outdoorsy life - this would be just the ticket.

but im that way inclined - i love the volvo xc70 and outback too. though oddly not so much the audi allroad - doesnt offer any substantial ground clearance over its a6 sibling. actually come to think of it i love all estate cars and anything thats a little bit practical. id take these kind of cars over coupes everytime. coupes are for the guys and girls that use nivia.

anyway, like the others said, id question the re-sale - however - out of any skoda i suspect this would hold its value the best - the same way that the XC70 and co. hold their values very well when compared to the other range.

saw the scout's promo shots last year - a silver one at a river-side with rocks and stuff. nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

BostonB wrote: »
    Do you need that?

4wd i suppose not so much - i always find the added ground clearance useful - going back to a time overseas when due to a diversion i had to treck off the road briefly. some of the others cars around seemed to be having trouble. panda 4x4 was perfecto however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

Mr.Boots wrote: »

All the dealers are screwed this year with secondhands and don't want to take cars in at the moment as tradeins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Skodas may not be the best for depreciation at the moment but once the Germans start running the show from October with VAG doing the importing from then on here that will change in a few years time. The current state of the used car market is dragging values for all cars way down.

Now is a terrible time to be trying to sell something, unless it's in short supply like a Toyota Corolla diesel. Realistically things won't improve till mid July at the earliest once the impact of the changes is really noticed and most likely next year when we're used to the VRT changes.

Advertisement