Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Mans 24h this weekend

• 11-06-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I am really looking forward to this, as for the first time I've got the channels and time to watch it.

Can some of you seasoned campaigners give me the lowdown on how to get the best out of this weekend's action?

When to watch? Who's who? Beer of choice etc...!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

what channels is on this year?

i've watched it one or two years, as long as the commentry is good, its entertaining enough. Setanta coverage was good a year or two back.

watch the beginning and end when it starts to get dark & early sunday morning when the sun comes up is usually good as the track conditions change. But you can usually sense after driver changes and pit stops that the race has settled down and take a brake from it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stever

It is on Eurosport, unfortunaltely I don't have it :(

Peugeot look fast again hopefully they'll last the distance

Go JV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

any streams that anyone know of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Download TVU Player. Select 'Wheels' channel.

Shows the American Speed channel and they have a good amount of coverage. Been watching it for a good part of the day already. Seems they are showing the race from about 2 a.m. tomorrow morning right through to the end which is good if, like me, you don't have Eurosport 2. Only problem is the huuuuge amount of ad breaks they take. Seems like they take an ad break every 5 minutes. Then again, that's a problem with American TV in general! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

A little late now, but you can also get video and audio here, should be slightly better quality, with less ads.

http://24ur.com/sport/ostalo/prenos-24-ur-le-mans.html
    http://www.radiolemans.com/

Quite a close race still, the last 4 hours should be interesting

• Advertisement
Advertisement