Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic for car inspection Tipp area

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im looking at buying my first car (*excitement*) , there's one in your fair county that I like the look of but I want to make sure its mechanically sound. I may be being a bit paranoid but it's my first big expense and I'll be borrowing a bit to pay for it.

So the question is in the title, anyone know a mechanic that will go and give it a once over.

It's a Mitsubishi FTO, the owner is a member here and on FTO Ireland so I bet its in pwo but I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tipp is the largest inland county in Ireland ;)
    So it's a big place, whereabouts? I can't help you but if you tell the town it'll help others to give recommendations
    If you are going to Roscrea then a mechanic in Clonmel is no good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Clonmel sorry, If worst comes to the worst I can just use the AA, but its probably more expensive than usual at €225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

€225 is pricy allright but they do follow a comprehensive checklist.
    If it's an expensive car it could be worth it.

If you are looking to save on expense here, maybe post on Motors forum, far busier than here and someone might make a recommendation.
    A mechanic would be delighted to make some cash on a job like this and they might even negoitate down the price for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I think you're right, it might be a bit more expensive, but at least its a vehicle engineer as opposed to a mechanic. Thanks for the replies mic.

Advertisement