Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will everyone be upgraded by July 1 ?

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

I have a letter from BT saying my BB will be upgraded to the new speeds in June .. is this best effort, likely to happen in June for the bigger exchanges only..or does anyone know ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

AFAIK the letter the OP is speaking of is actually a letter specifically to do with BT's local loop unbundling upgrades. Gets complicated here, Bt are performing their own set of speed upgrades independent of Eircoms June upgrade and is an ongoing thing. Bts local loop unbundling upgrade will provide 8mbit to major urban centres while the Eircom upgrade which is nationwide will mean that Bt's customers outside of major urban areas will be able to receive 7.6mbit (as resold Eircom). To summarize, yes you will get upgraded soon but unless you are in a major urban area you will not the upgrade they are talking about in the leaflet but instead the Eircom upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

kaizersoze wrote: »

Know that Eircom have said they are upgrading in June.

What I wanted to know was does anyone know that they are definitively going to be finished upgrading every exchange they have by July 1.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

they should be finished by 1st July for everyone I'd reckon.

Advertisement