Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervisors behaviour???

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Any else have a severely retarded supervisor?
    Ours was sent by the department and she's an absolute joke.

10 minutes late for Home Ec on the first day cos she didnt judge the traffic in the town when she went to lunch.

Spilt a jug of water on the geography papers so three girls in my centre had to get PHOTOCOPIES!!! Photocopies after paying €101 for their exams!

She's an Irish and English teacher so kept coming around picking up booklets or looking into essays for both paper ones.. Our principal is going to report her!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Sounds like you lot got a ride eeeeejit there alright!

Personally, I think we landed the best one in the state.

She's sound as they come,
    Often allows us a few (you're talking 3-5, makes a world of difference) minutes at the start....,
    Will 'come back to you' and collect the others if you're finishing a line or two.
    Doesn't mind the fact the same people are CONSTANTLY going to the jacks (:rolleyes:)
    And keeps telling us it's "not the end of the world"

and blahblahblah.

If I was running your school, I'd report her alright. She's making a fortune out of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ours rocked, he was really nice, kept making jokes and coming up with rhymes ("Zippo with the lippo" is one I won't forget for a long time :D)

He even gave us all sweets at the end of History earlier, what a legend...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PrivateEye wrote: »
    She's making a fortune out of it too.

If that were the case they would have more teachers applying to do it and a 'better' pool to choose from.
    She sounds like a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

She's an absolute farce!

I witnessed her coming down the only girl in my centre doing Ordinary French with some message it Irish about a change to their formal letter today. 5 times the girl said she didnt understand it and wanted it explained, after about 10 minutes she was still left in the dark thanks to this clown and perfect example of the states incompetence in reviewing supervisors... the most painful thing is, she's earning a small fortune from being a professionally joke....She's really off putting and some people are afraid to ask a question in case she ****s it up for them... Its just not good enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

Ours is annoying but nothing as bad as that. Shes noisy, always talking to the person outside the door and gets really annoyed if people arent exactly on time. She called one student a maggot for being about 2 minutes late the other day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Our guys a ledge, from somewhere up north. Asks everyone how they got on and makes jokes. Good to have that to calm you down in the hall

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Mine keeps randomly rooting in her little gay black box with all the exam papers and stuff, I sit right beside it, pisses me off big time, and also the people coming in with the tea, your one keeps slurping on the **** >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ours was sent by the department

Where else would she have been sent from?!
    10 minutes late for Home Ec on the first day cos she didnt judge the traffic in the town when she went to lunch.

That can happen to anybody anywhere in the country,nobody is able to judge the traffic perfect!
    Spilt a jug of water on the geography papers

Sh1t happens...get over it!
    she's earning a small fortune

It's a fairly small sum after tax and crap
    some people are afraid to ask a question in case she ****s it up for them

Why would ye be asking her questions?! It's your LC, supposed to be big enough to do it yourself at this stage.
    gets really annoyed if people arent exactly on time. She called one student a maggot for being about 2 minutes late the other day

Your supposed to be there at a certain time so be there,she's dead right to give out,late students just cause disruption for the students who care enough to be on time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

kmart6 wrote: »
    That can happen to anybody anywhere in the country,nobody is able to judge the traffic perfect!

You'd want to leave a fair amount of leeway though if you're on a strict schedule, for example, say, supervising a Leaving Certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Traffic happens. Accidents happen (people spill things). You shouldnt have to ask questions and you know you are supposed to be on time, they are your exams!
    They dont get paid enough!

• Advertisement

Shur you could be aiming to be an hour early and still get caught in an acident that would delay you...it does happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Had to edit!, I wasnt making sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

kmart6 wrote: »
    Where else would she have been sent from?!

Sh1t happens...get over it!

It's a fairly small sum after tax and crap

Why would ye be asking her questions?! It's your LC, supposed to be big enough to do it yourself at this stage.

Your supposed to be there at a certain time so be there,she's dead right to give out,late students just cause disruption for the students who care enough to be on time!

Actually, for your information, for the majority of supervisors, its the school that picks them. Thats why alot of people get the same supervisors one year after another. They're local teachers who dont actually teach in the local area and the board of management picks them if they dont have any affiliations with exam students. The idiot I'm talking about APPLIED to the department, they took her address into account and she was sent to our school.

She is actually from a local village so she did know how bad the traffic would be. Its just careless.

No, there's no excuse for messing when it comes to state exams, ESPECIALLY the leaving cert, spilling water on someone paper is just ridiculous, and due to the photocopy, some of the diagrams were messed up. And she didnt have the necessary spare copies she's supposed to have.

Am, I think you're ENTITLED to ask a question, regardless of the level you're doing, the subject, whatever....

Am nice one there by the way for saying the student can't be late at all and "it can happen to anyone" that the supervisors can be held in traffic...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Actually, for your information, for the majority of supervisors, its the school that picks them. Thats why alot of people get the same supervisors one year after another. They're local teachers who dont actually teach in the local area and the board of management picks them if they dont have any affiliations with exam students.

All main centre supervisors apply to the department, never the BOM. The reason they are local is because they have to travel each day to the exam so they keep it within a certain radius to allocate supervisors to a school. The reason the same supervisors end up in the same schools is because once you've been there once, the department usually keeps sending you to the same place every year as you know how things work there and where it is blah blah blah...

The only supervisors the school hires are the ones for the ones for special centres.
    Am, I think you're ENTITLED to ask a question, regardless of the level you're doing, the subject, whatever....

You can't really ask a question about the paper as the supervisor knows nothing about them and if you don't understand something they are not supposed to help you. They have a list of any errors on the paper (usually very few crappy little ones) and that is the only thing they can tell you once the exam has started.

Also someone else mentioned earlier about more teachers applying for the job. Plenty apply for it but not everyone gets it because those who are in, pretty much get back in every year (as I mentioned above!). The money is great considering the work you have to do! If it wasn't good you wouldn't get people applying for it.

Actually, for your information, for the majority of supervisors, its the school that picks them. Thats why alot of people get the same supervisors one year after another. They're local teachers who dont actually teach in the local area and the board of management picks them if they dont have any affiliations with exam students. The idiot I'm talking about APPLIED to the department, they took her address into account and she was sent to our school.

Who the f*ck told you that....cause it's the biggest load of bullsh1t I've heard in awhile! It's nothing to do with the BOM/School for the full centres,the school only chooses the examiners for the special centres!
    She is actually from a local village so she did know how bad the traffic would be. Its just careless.

So everytime you leave the house you know exacylt how long a journey will take?!
    No, there's no excuse for messing when it comes to state exams, ESPECIALLY the leaving cert, spilling water on someone paper is just ridiculous, and due to the photocopy, some of the diagrams were messed up. And she didnt have the necessary spare copies she's supposed to have.

Accidents happen get over it!

Not really,supposed to have everything with you and they can't help you with anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Any else have a severely retarded supervisor?

No. That's an interesting move by the department though. Fair play.

Our one is sound. Always there on time. Always gives you that extra 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Ekels wrote: »
    No. That's an interesting move by the department though. Fair play.

Our one is sound. Always there on time. Always gives you that extra 5 minutes.

Our one is just professional, not nice and doesn't really seem to have a personality to be honest.

It's always "don't turn over the papers until I say so".

Then the second the clock gets to the finish time she's like "stop writing now" and if there's still someone writing she'll just repeat herself again until they stop writing.

She's always reading what I presume is their little handbook on the rules of the centre and stuff. She told me I wasn't allowed write on my exam paper when she saw a few notes I put beside questions in English.

She's fine though I guess. Could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

OUr one is sound, this morning I came in and he was giving one girls tips on how to revise a language subject, he was also chatting to a few others about a teacher that we used to have and he sorta knows!
    Dead sound dude makes us feel very relaxed!

About askign questions, he sadi that if there was something we didn't understand for whatever reason because of the wording or something he's able to help he's allowed do that much, but he did say we could only ask him about questions.. within reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

spurious wrote: »
    If that were the case they would have more teachers applying to do it and a 'better' pool to choose from.
    She sounds like a disgrace.

Actually they are making a fortune out of it. They get about 150-200 a day and loads of teachers do apply for it but they pick the same supervisors every year. It's really hard for new ones to get a placement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

thewildone wrote: »
    Actually they are making a fortune out of it. They get about 150-200 a day and loads of teachers do apply for it but they pick the same supervisors every year. It's really hard for new ones to get a placement.

Perhaps we differ on the definition of a fortune.
    After tax it's not that great money. In the old days when they appointed people who had to travel a bit each day there was some money to be made on travelling expenses, but not now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thewildone

After tax it's not that great money. In the old days when they appointed people who had to travel a bit each day there was some money to be made on travelling expenses, but not now.

My sister is a supervisor. They make alot of money out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 grazielle

our examiner's lovely!! he came around in the middle of geo to the people who had birthdays recently or coming up and wished us all happy birthday!! he's such a sweety! he always makes little jokes when someones leaving the exam centre and he'll come around to everyone individually to collect papers to give people who arent finished more time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

everyday we have to get papers photocopied..

like i havent yet,its mostly for ordinary level n foundation but youd thing they would know how many is doin ord...like it was sent into the department...they had to wait ten mins 2day for bio papers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

our eng teacher is sittin wit a girl who needs assistance and shes getin 120 euro a day...

she mite be only der for 4 hours...once the girl leaves, shes free to go but still gets paud

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

jessie11 wrote: »
    everyday we have to get papers photocopied..

like i havent yet,its mostly for ordinary level n foundation but youd thing they would know how many is doin ord...like it was sent into the department...they had to wait ten mins 2day for bio papers!

That happened in our school in one subject but it was cos of so many people deciding to drop on the day and not informing the SEC in advance. They had spare papers but so many people decided to drop between when they filled out that form a few months and the day of the exam so maybe that happened in your school too as they always have to have a number of spare papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

Not really,supposed to have everything with you and they can't help you with anything!/QUOTE]

thats the one thing that caught my eye in this whole thread that and retarded supervisor's xD

our supervisor is as neutral as Sweden and the very first day he makes it clear to EVERYONE that if you do not understand how a question is phrased or if you are confused with the layout he is there to help you not based on kindness but on the fact he is being paid to supervise and make sure each and every student has an understanding of the paper , of course you cannot ask them the answer but you can ask them to help you understand the paper , so a supervisor can help you they just cant give you the answers

They only have a certain amount of spare papers for each exam. They can't be inspired to know that people can't handle it and drop down on the day!

Advertisement