Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No prices on Maccosmetics.com ??

• 11-06-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Not sure if it's just me buuut.. everytime I check out M·A·C Cosmetics there are no prices displayed for anything, so I can't see the price for anything!

Yet when I log onto M·A·C Cosmetics the prices are clearly displayed on everything no problems..

Why are the prices being blocked for me? are the prices hidden on the US site to all non-US vistors?

Could some non-US person please check out M·A·C Cosmetics for me and see if the prices are showing for them please? winkiss.gif

Or does anyone know why I can't view the prices of the products?? ssad.gif

Thanks! x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I can view the prices! Don't know why you can't though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

That's odd.. I've been trying to view the prices on it for days now.

The UK site works just fine.

Im using Firefox, hmmm, maybe I'll try it with IE..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

They are having technical difficulties now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

hmm i couldn't see them either but maybe i'm not looking in the right place. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I've never been able to view the prices on the US site, try the UK site instead.
    Be warned though, that out prices are quite different (higher) when you convert them over, especially from dollars, so your best bet it to ring up/ask in-store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 *pda

the whole .com site hasn't been working for me for ages now, but when it did I never saw any prices!

Hmmm, that's odd that none of us can view the prices on the US site (Nor can I add items to my cart - yeah ok, I know I can't actually check out cause they don't deliver to Ireland, but I was just testing it to see if I could view prices if I was able to add them to a cart) yet Pythia can.

Pythia, do you mind telling me what browser etc you're using?

I've never been able to view the prices on the US site.

I have this sneaky suspicion that the prices and online shopping cart facilities are deliberately blocked to all non-US visitors so they can't see how cheap MAC in the US really is in case they buycott their local MAC stores and start buying MAC from the US on eBay or something instead.. Sounds silly I know, but I can't think of any other reason why they'd block us non-US visitors from seeing any prices on anything..

But if Pythia can view them there must be a way around it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Pythia, do you mind telling me what browser etc you're using?

Here is a screenshot. It's Internet Explorer with Windows Vista and I have Eircom Broadband.
    http://www.putfile.com/pic/8289025/?action=zoom

Oh Pythia, I wasn't doubting you for a minute!

I just re-read my post and perhaps it sounded like I did? I didn't mean it like that at all however!

Just curious if you were using different settings or knew something that the rest of us didn't when it came to viewing the MAC site! lol

thanks for the screen shot! :)

Advertisement